• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Spider-man Has a new costume Next Year Do you like it ?
5 5

203 posts in this topic

Just now, Red84 said:

Changing Spider-Man’s costume makes as much sense as changing the Yankees’ uniform. 

how bout they change the writing?

6 minutes ago, Red84 said:

Changing Spider-Man’s costume makes as much sense as changing the Yankees’ uniform. 

Don't give marvelous marvel any ideas. They will either have Spider-man dressed in a Yankee's Uniform ( which still may be better than these current iterations) or have the Yankee's dress like Spider-man..

1 minute ago, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

Don't give marvelous marvel any ideas. They will either have Spider-man dressed in a Yankee's Uniform ( which still may be better than these current iterations) or have the Yankee's dress like Spider-man..

hey've been trying to sell the sizzle for a long time.

Time for some steak.

surprised they havent tried spider baby yet-he gets bit by a baby spider and becomes a baby then its me this and me that-

4 minutes ago, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

Both of those could make for some interesting stories. 

2 minutes ago, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

Calm down there Sizzle chest before Frank Rizzo gets involved..

SHOULD I BRING MY TOOLBOX??!!!

The last icv2 Top 500 chart before co-vid (March 2020) showed comics had reached a really low point for individual titles. ASM was only at 53,428 for the month (estimated comic sales by Diamond to the U.S.).

To get this information now, you must be an Icv2 'pro' subscriber and pay $9.99 a month, so I suspect those numbers may be even lower now... expect to see some even more extreme 'please buy me' storylines...

In a word, "P" and "U" but then again I'm one of those guys that doesn't buy/read moderns so they're not trying to lure my dollars.  I stopped buying right about when Marvel rebooted all their big titles to #1 (the first time, when it lasted about a year of plodding plotting), then rebooted them all again with new #1s.  At that point it seemed obvious the money grab writing was on the wall (certainly not in the front offices).  :preach:

It's a depressing "What If?" that should comics survive in spite of themselves and lousy designs like this somehow find a following, there could exist an upcoming generation (and more) who might never know what the original design looks like and just come to associate the look of the Amazing Spider-Man, the look that has lasted my entire lifetime, with the "hit" out of all the misses. 

(Actually thought this was misplaced from the "Most Ridiculous Comic Panel" thread)

Edited by SeniorSurfer
Remembered another thought

17 hours ago, kav said:

A good writer would explain where a costume came from.  We're supposed to believe every superhero is some master seamstress and prop expert and can assemble these elaborate get ups.  To put it in perspective the costume for the first spider man film cost $40,000 to create.
Oh and every other issue the costume gets shredded so theyre always there at the sewing machine when not fighting crime.

That was the only idea I liked from the latest Spidey run that the Hobgoblin was running an industry on Super costumes, it made so much sense as he was already involved in the fashion industry.:bigsmile: However I do agree it does look like the stealth suit, at least until Spider-Man's new film.  

17 hours ago, D84 said:

I'm so glad I stopped reading new comics. doh!

You sound like a board member who used to say that all the time

Mental trauma he caused blocked his name from memory

So outside of the classic costume and the Black costume, which Spidey costumes have people been fans of?

Personally, I liked the Iron Spider suit.  It was very clear how he got it.  The design made sense.  It made sense why Peter decided to wear it.  It made sense why he decided to stop wearing it.  It had some cool features as well.  On top of it all, I thought it looked good:

1247894475_CivilWar.thumb.png.f97de8aae81a2f9a9ddc4ca047cd09ad.png