• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Spider-man Has a new costume Next Year Do you like it ?
5 5

203 posts in this topic

I am definitely not a fan. ???  Spider-Man's original costume is iconic.

This reminds me of a quote from Dr. McCoy in the first Star Trek movie. "I know engineers. They love to change things."

As others have stated, I am glad I stopped buying new comics years ago.

Edited by Math Teacher

17 hours ago, Yes I Canada said:

ASM has been twice a month for years, hasn't it?

True.  But, Spider-Man has been published since the 1960s, which has given Peter Parker enough time to develop speed as well as precision in his tailoring skills, allowing him to handle the pressure of repairing his costume within a tight, bi-weekly schedule with ease.  

2 hours ago, Turtle said:

So outside of the classic costume and the Black costume, which Spidey costumes have people been fans of?

Personally, I liked the Iron Spider suit.  It was very clear how he got it.  The design made sense.  It made sense why Peter decided to wear it.  It made sense why he decided to stop wearing it.  It had some cool features as well.  On top of it all, I thought it looked good:

1247894475_CivilWar.thumb.png.f97de8aae81a2f9a9ddc4ca047cd09ad.png

I like that version as well, and seeing it done in live-action in Infinity War and Endgame.

I've never been a fan of Michael Turner's artwork, but that's easily my favourite cover and design of his.

Edited by Ken Aldred

27 minutes ago, Ken Aldred said:

I like that version as well, and seeing it done in live-action in Infinity War and Endgame.

I've never been a fan of Michael Turner's artwork, but that's easily my favourite cover and design of his.

One costume I'm not a fan of is the black panther costume in the movies.  A NECKLACE becomes a full armored costume??  Instantly??  No chafing no rug burns no nuthin?  Get real.  I hate all the costumes that just appear like I dream of jeannie was there.  

16 minutes ago, kav said:

One costume I'm not a fan of is the black panther costume in the movies.  A NECKLACE becomes a full armored costume??  Instantly??  No chafing no rug burns no nuthin?  Get real.  I hate all the costumes that just appear like I dream of jeannie was there.  

nMAVwL.gif.ed03724d830039fe3b99233a302213c1.gif

18 minutes ago, kav said:

It's advanced nanotech.

Shuri factored in a smooth-as-silk, no-chafe lining underneath the armoured, Vibranium surface. As aristocracy, they're used to designer comfort.

7 minutes ago, Ken Aldred said:

It's advanced nanotech.

Shuri factored in a smooth-as-silk, no-chafe lining underneath the armoured, Vibranium surface. As aristocracy, they're used to designer comfort.

I hate the shuri character.  She's basically a magical wizard lets be real here.  Mary sue.  The only reason she didnt invent a wrist thanos destroyer in about 10 minutes is no one asked her to.  

2 minutes ago, kav said:

I hate the shuri character.  She's basically a magical wizard lets be real here.  Mary sue.  The only reason she didnt invent a wrist thanos destroyer in about 10 minutes is no one asked her to.  

Have you seen the new Thanos Glove?20201230_134930.jpg.d7e9ef40edf9170b6c115581cc948dc2.jpg

New costume doesn't do anything for me, but I don't see the need to get bent out of shape about it. It'll change again in a few months. Judging stories you haven't read based on a reaction to a single drawing seems really silly. Am I going to read it? Probably not, but I haven't read a Spider-book in a very long time. But seeing a single image of a costume you think is dumb looking, and then extrapolating that to "All new (Marvel) comics suck!" seems a bit farfetched. Of course, no one hates comics like comic book fans. Everyone wants everything to stay the way it was when they were 15. I get it.

As for my personal list, my favorite is the old school blue/red, followed by the "first appearance" look black/red, then the Secret Wars black and white, then the Future Foundation White and black. I think those are all pretty snazzy. And that's it for me. Don't like any of the variations on the blue/red, don't like Iron Spider, etc. But that just means I don't want an action figure, or statue, or whatever, of that costume. I still read plenty of stories with those costumes and didn't go into full blown Old Man Rage mode.

Edited by F For Fake

9 minutes ago, F For Fake said:

New costume doesn't do anything for me, but I don't see the need to get bent out of shape about it. It'll change again in a few months. Judging stories you haven't read based on a reaction to a single drawing seems really silly. Am I going to read it? Probably not, but I haven't read a Spider-book in a very long time. But seeing a single image of a costume you think is dumb looking, and then extrapolating that to "All new (Marvel) comics suck!" seems a bit farfetched. Of course, no one hates comics like comic book fans. Everyone wants everything to stay the way it was when they were 15. I get it.

As for my personal list, my favorite is the old school blue/red, followed by the "first appearance" look black/red, then the Secret Wars black and white, then the Future Foundation White and black. I think those are all pretty snazzy. And that's it for me. Don't like any of the variations on the blue/red, don't like Iron Spider, etc. But that just means I don't want an action figure, or statue, or whatever, of that costume. I still read plenty of stories with those costumes and didn't go into full blown Old Man Rage mode.

I agree.

Do Iike it? Nope.

Do i care? Nope, since it isnt being done for me as i dont read new Spiderman comics.

1 hour ago, Ken Aldred said:

True.  But, Spider-Man has been published since the 1960s, which has given Peter Parker enough time to develop speed as well as precision in his tailoring skills, allowing him to handle the pressure of repairing his costume within a tight, bi-weekly schedule with ease.  

Imagine if he took an apprenticeship with one of your fine Northern tailors?