• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Building an ALL-STAR crew from every STAR TREK production...
1 1

10 posts in this topic

Rules: Look at the template below. Pick a starship, then pick one character for each role. Any starship or character from the cannon is acceptable. I am defining "cannon" as ships or characters from any of the TV series or motion pictures. Feel free to explain your choices if you feel the need. 

Explanation: I've included all of the major staff positions. In order to give everyone an opportunity to really load their rosters, I've also included a position for transporter chief and mess hall/bartender. I did not include counselor or yeoman because these roles were specific to a certain series. I've also included "sex object" because every series had one. You can select male or female or other for that role based on your preferences. Feel free to mix it up! Want Checkov as a bartender? Go for it. Want Kirk at tactical? Why not? You can place any character in any role. So, come on! Form your all-star crew!  . 

Starship: 

Captain:
First Officer:
Chief Engineer:
Helmsman:
Navigator: 
Tactical / Security: 
Doctor: 
Science Officer: 
Communications officer: 
Transporter chief: 
Mess hall / Bartender: 
Sex object: 

Starship: Galaxy class retrofitted with upgraded weaponry. The Sovereign and Intrepid classes are incredible, but I didn't pick them because of the bio-neural computers. They are a lot faster but susceptible to biological attack. Besides, I am just drawn to the Galaxy class. I think it's the sexiest Enterprise by far. 

Captain: Picard (intelligence, discipline, moral compass, charisma) 
First Officer: Spock (intelligence, logic, physical strength, limited emphatic powers - imagine what a team he'd make with Picard!) 
Chief Engineer: (LaForge - genius. Dedicated. Unique vision, can even spot when people are lying. Can fix anything.)
Helmsman: (Data - all the advantages of an android plus lighting speed and precision to steer the ship. Can work in multiple roles. I considered Tom Paris but his personality and lack of discipline is a massive liability). 
Navigator:(Sulu - can plot the surest course. Also a great fighter).  
Tactical / Security: (Worf - he got his posterior handed to him one too many times, but to be the best you have to beat the best. He was a champ with the blade, we have to remember that. Dedicated warrior with unwavering concern for the safety of the crew. It's hard to beat a Klingon in space battles). 
Doctor:  Emergency Medical Hologram (no bedside manner or human ingenuity, but all the benefits of a doctor who can work tirelessly without risk of exposure or fatigue. Also, every bit of medical knowledge available is programmed into the hologram. Downside is it's dependent on the ship for power and it has a limited range. Risk I'm willing to take. If the hologram goes out, hopefully Data can educate us in medicine and the use of the sickbay). 
Science Officer: T'Pol (insanely hot. Vulcan efficiency and intelligence).  
Communications officer: Hoshi Sato (questionable resiliency, but a linguistic genius).  
Transporter chief: Scotty (if La Forge can't fix it, Scotty can. Besides, have you SEEN what Scotty can do with a transporter?). 
Mess hall / Bartender: Guinan (untouchable empathy and wisdom, unknown superhuman powers, the best counselor on the ship). 
Sex object: SInce I've already included T'Pol, I'll go with Illia from the motion picture (She's a Deltan. You may want to research their...ummm...powers. Other-worldly lords of intercourse. lol. Plus, maybe I have a bald fetish? Maybe not. She bad tho!) 

Edited by newshane

Starship: Discovery - Spore Drive

Captain: Picard
First Officer: Spock
Chief Engineer: Scott
Helmsman: Paris
Navigator: Seven Of Nine
Tactical / Security: Odo
Doctor: EMH
Science Officer: Spock
Communications officer: Hoshi
Transporter chief: Who cares, they usually died.
Mess hall / Bartender: Guinan
Sex object: Seven Of Nine

28 minutes ago, Beige said:

Starship: Discovery - Spore Drive

Captain: Picard
First Officer: Spock
Chief Engineer: Scott
Helmsman: Paris
Navigator: Seven Of Nine
Tactical / Security: Odo
Doctor: EMH
Science Officer: Spock
Communications officer: Hoshi
Transporter chief: Who cares, they usually died.
Mess hall / Bartender: Guinan
Sex object: Seven Of Nine

I forgot about Odo. Great choice! A shape shifter would be perfect. 

Had lots of fun with this!

Starship: Enterprise-C from "Yesterday's Enterprise." Monster Maroon uniforms, movie-era computer displays, cool looking exterior that's a perfect evolution between the Excelsior class and the Galaxy class. I'll take it.

Captain: Saru. Do you not want a Captain who can shoot darts from his head? Some of the Disco characters annoy me, mostly due to poor writing. But Saru's arc has been great. He's earned the trust of his crew and he deserves the chair.
First Officer: Jack Ransom. He out-Rikers Riker. Where Saru would be tentative and cautious, Ransom would rip his own shirt off and jump into action.
Chief Engineer: Scotty. We've seen him on the Enterprise 1701 (TOS and Kelvin versions), A, B, and D. I don't believe he ever got to put his hands on the C's ample nacelles, if you'll pardon the engineering parlance. Let's give him that chance.
Helmsman: Una aka "Number One." Professional, sharp as a tack, able to step up and lead if Ransom does something stupid and gets himself and Saru captured or killed.
Navigator: Morn. Because what you want in a navigator is someone who keeps his mouth shut and just pushes the buttons. C'mon, the computer does all the plotting, anyway. Put a drink in his hand, tell him the bridge is the new Quark's, and let him just sit there.
Tactical / Security: Kira Nerys. All those years as a scrappy freedom fighter, come on. Just point her in the direction of the danger and tell her the Prophets will be with her. Game over, baddies.
Doctor: Bones. In TMP costume with chest hair and giant medallion, mandatory. At his surliest and most sarcastic, please.
Science Officer: Jadzia Dax. She could technobabble with the best of them and looked good doing it. Always down to tell a fun story from her memories of a previous host. Plus, apparently, she and Bones had a thing, so let's get them back together. He's better for her than Worf, y'know?
Communications officer: Raffi Musiker. I like her direct style of communication.
Transporter chief: Miles O'Brien. He is, after all, the most important man in Starfleet history. So he has to be on board somewhere. The At Work cartoon strip seals the deal: he must return to standing in existential crisis at his transporter console so I can pop in there from time to time and see how bored he is.
Mess hall / Bartender: Jet Reno. What I wouldn't give to sit at that bar and listen to Bones and Reno go back and forth, trading barbs, insults, and grousing about how awful everything is.
Sex object: Amanda Rogers. "True Q-tie," am I right? (groan)

I'm not at all familiar with the Discovery series. 

I really have no interest. It just doesn't seem like Star Trek. 

I'll have to look into the spore drive! 

10 hours ago, newshane said:

I'm not at all familiar with the Discovery series. 

I really have no interest. It just doesn't seem like Star Trek. 

I'll have to look into the spore drive! 

How far into Star Trek Discovery did you get? Season 3 has been a fantastic experience so far. Though I am a few episodes behind.

30 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

How far into Star Trek Discovery did you get? Season 3 has been a fantastic experience so far. Though I am a few episodes behind.

I've only seen a few brief YouTube clips. 

I saw the new Klingons and decided I couldn't deal.