• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is this a pedigree?
1 1

20 posts in this topic

I have a Flash Comics #86 and was wondering if these markings belonged to a recognized or unrecognized pedigree. The “M” bears a striking resemblance to the Nova Scotia markings but the only problem is I’m not sure what the weird marking is after the “M” on the front cover.

2E6EC025-9D15-4BA3-A109-F8074A3B3089.jpeg

3 hours ago, Terry_JSA said:

I have a Flash Comics #86 and was wondering if these markings belonged to a recognized or unrecognized pedigree. The “M” bears a striking resemblance to the Nova Scotia markings but the only problem is I’m not sure what the weird marking is after the “M” on the front cover.

Look here

Comic Book Pedigrees, the online pedigree comic scan gallery. www.comicbookpedigrees.com (comicpedigrees.com)

13 minutes ago, LDarkseid1 said:

I had a similar marking on my Superman 31 I submitted recently and also thought it was Nova Scotia. Alas was not deemed from the pedigree.

229856DA-8ABB-4C5B-A3DE-A750E4920696.jpeg

3B082325-6B76-4540-88D8-39A23B6C77C7.jpeg

Oh that M is for mine :devil:

Edited by woowoo

Not a pedigree.  There aren't Nova Scotia's from that time period and it doesn't match the typical NS 'm'.

1 minute ago, Terry_JSA said:

But that “M” does look a little similar to the one written on Flash Comics #86. 

Undeniably. But, then, calligraphy was taught extensively in grade schools during those times so a lot of folks shared the same hand-writing, making 'M' from many store clerks across the nation look similar. The comment re: time period of the pedigree and your comic more than the resemblance in the writing is the clinching evidence.

15 minutes ago, Scrooge said:

Undeniably. But, then, calligraphy was taught extensively in grade schools during those times so a lot of folks shared the same hand-writing, making 'M' from many store clerks across the nation look similar. The comment re: time period of the pedigree and your comic more than the resemblance in the writing is the clinching evidence.

I know the time period may not match but  was just curious to see if it was or not since I saw earlier Flash Comics be part of the Nova Scotia pedigree collection.

1 hour ago, Scrooge said:

Most everyone who went to school in the first half of the 20th Century would have learned the Palmer method of cursive writing, though many would drop the excessive looping in capital letters. 

440px-Palmer_Method_alphabet.jpg

1 minute ago, rjpb said:

Most everyone who went to school in the first half of the 20th Century would have tried to learn the Palmer method of cursive writing, though many would drop the excessive looping in capital letters due to their poor or just sloppy hand writing...

440px-Palmer_Method_alphabet.jpg

Fixed that for you!:devil:

Just now, N e r V said:

Or a 3 like this.

3242953A-97E6-454B-8028-205F5880B6CD.jpeg.1791c43a9c5709bf2bf29723382fbe41.jpeg

The writer went to the trouble of writing the front part of the B, put it looks like they dropped the back part, perhaps subconsciously to keep it in the yellow. I'm fairly confident it is a B not a 3.

Just now, rjpb said:

The writer went to the trouble of writing the front part of the B, put it looks like they dropped the back part, perhaps subconsciously to keep it in the yellow. I'm fairly confident it is a B not a 3.

I thought that too but throwing that out there due to so much terrible hand writing out there. 

17 hours ago, Terry_JSA said:

Sorry!