2021 "I WANT THIS TO BE ADDED TO A SET" REQUEST
15 15

271 posts in this topic

Please add to Britannia (2016):

Britannia One Dollar Debut #1

Request is denied due to this issue appearing to be a one-shot and 3 years after the original series.

Please add these to the Daredevil (Complete with Variants) set:

187 Canadian Edition (Price Variant)

189 Canadian Edition (Price Variant)

190 Canadian Edition (Price Variant)

191 Canadian Edition (Price Variant)

Thanks!

These issues share slots with the standard issues in this set. Slots were updated/added 4/22/21.

Matt, could you please add the following issues to  the Air Pirates Funnies set. These two additions are seminal to complete the set.

Air Pirates Tabloid by Air Pirates Collective, July 1972 (Kennedy Guide #33)

Air Pirates -- Special Pirate Edition by the Mouse Liberation Front (LMF), circa 1990 (rare)

Regards,

Ludwig

@L Ludwig

Can you please provide the cert numbers so we may process your request, thank you.

Hello again,

Could I please have the following book added to the - GODZILLA - IDW Complete Registry Set - Godzilla Kingdom of Monsters No. 4 - Retailers Incentive Edition - Cert no. 2033054005.

Thank you so much.

Zillyssa

Slot added 4/22/21.

Please add Crime and Punishment #12 (Lev Gleason, 3/49) to the Seduction of the Innocent (SOTI) registry set. This comic is referenced in the SOTI in the text on pages 21-22 as documented below.

On pages 21-22, SOTI author Fredric Wertham describes a crime comic as follows “A typical sample has inconspicuously above its crime title, ‘A force for good in the community!’ and underneath that in a small circle, ‘Crime does not pay,’ and then in a square, ‘TRUE criminal case histories!’ and, in small type, hard to read, the words ‘Dedicated to the eradication of crime!’ Average, normal boys have often told me that if they read such signs at all they know of course that they are only ‘eyewash’ intended to influence parents and teachers who have no time to read the whole comic book. The cover of this example depicts a corpse with blood on his mouth, with the killer who has just beaten him to death beside him”.

Wertham provided an expanded description of this comic in the November 1953 Ladies Home Journal (LHJ) article "What Parents don't know about Comic Books" (see link below) that he wrote to provide an advanced preview of content that would later be used in the SOTI. His description of the comic in the LHJ piece reads as follows “Another typical sample has inconspicuously above its crime title: ‘A force for good in the community!’ and underneath that in a small circle: ‘Crime does not pay,’ and then in a square, ‘TRUE criminal case histories!’ and, in smaller type, hard to read, the words ‘Dedicated to the eradication of crime!’ Average, normal boys have often told me that if they read such signs at all they know of course that they are only ‘eyewash’ intended to influence parents and teachers who have no time to read the whole comic book. The cover of this example depicts a corpse with blood on his mouth, with the killer who has just beaten him to death beside him. In the doorway lounges a ‘nattily dressed’ man, gun in hand, saying: ‘I couldn’t do better myself, Teddy, but you put me in a peculiar position! I should thank you for promotin’ me to the top of his mob, but what should I do about a guy who rubes out my boss?’”

The cover quote in the LHJ article positively identifies the book Crime and Punishment #12 as the SOTI source. In addition to the cover quote, the LHJ article contains additional examples of interior story components contained in Crime and Punishment #12.

LHJ Link: http://www.lostsoti.org/LadiesHomeJournalNovember1953cover.htm

Slot added 4/22/21.

Crime and Punishment 12 Cover.jpg

Please add Kid Colt Outlaw #3 (Marvel Comics, 12/48) to the Seduction of the Innocent (SOTI) registry set. This comic is referenced in the SOTI in the text on page 112 as documented below.

On page 112, SOTI author Fredric Wertham describes a comic as follows “In a Western comic book the ‘Gouger’ is threatening the hero’s eye with his thumb, which has a very long and pointed nail. This is called the ‘killer’s manicure.’ He says: ‘Yore eyes are gonna pop like grapes when ol’gouger gets his hands on you!...Here go the peepers!’”

Wertham’s description of this comic and quoted dialogue comes from the story “Gold and Guns at Roaring Gulch” contain in Kid Colt Outlaw #3 published by Marvel Comics 12/1948. Please see attached scans for story details. Page 2 has the panel with "Killers manicure" reference, page 4 has the panel "Yore eyes are gonna pop like grapes", and page 5 has the "Here go the peepers" panel.

Slot added 4/22/21.

Kid Colt 3 SOTI Page 112 - Gold and Guns at Roaring Gulch Page 1.jpg

Kid Colt 3 SOTI Page 112 - Gold and Guns at Roaring Gulch Page 2 Killers Manicure Panel.jpg

Kid Colt 3 SOTI Page 112 - Gold and Guns at Roaring Gulch Page 3.jpg

Kid Colt 3 SOTI Page 112 - Gold and Guns at Roaring Gulch Page 4 Pop Like Grapes Panel.jpg

Kid Colt 3 SOTI Page 112 - Gold and Guns at Roaring Gulch Page 5 Here Go the Peepers Panel.jpg

I noticed that in the ‘Wolverine (Complete with Variants) set’:

’Return of Wolverine’ #1-3 (and all variants) have been added.

It would make sense to request to add these as well, which came before those:

Death of Wolverine’ #1-4 (all all variants).

thanks-

Slots added 4/22/21.

Dear Matt,

Please add the following comics to the following TWO sets:

1. Walking Dead Deluxe (Complete with Variants)

1 Second Printing, Gold Foil Edition

1 Second Printing, Red Foil Edition

2. Walking Dead Deluxe

Add these two (as above) as eligible for their corresponding TWDD slot

Thank you and regards,

Stephen

Slots added per previous request.

Matt:

Please add to the "Bone (Complete)" set:

Rose 1    (2089723022)
Rose 2    (2066004007)
Rose 3    (2101297003)

I believe I asked that this be added in 2020; however, you were uncertain whether any of the characters in the "Rose" books were in the "Bone" universe.  Rose is "Gran'ma Ben" from the Bone series.  Here's the description of the mini-series: "The stirring prequel to the award-winning, bestselling BONE series!  When a terrifying dragon attacks the small towns of the Northern Valley, a young Princess Rose (known later as Gran'ma Ben) must defeat it. The beast is actually the ancient evil, the Lord of the Locusts, and while Rose faces danger with honor, her elder sister, Princess Briar, follows a more sinister path. An unforgettable story with beautiful, sweeping artwork, this prequel explores the fateful beginnings of the epic BONE saga."

Thanks - Mike 

Slots added 4/23/21.

Matt:

Please add to the "Harley Quinn (Rebirth - 2016)" set:

Harley Quinn #75 Celebrity Authentics Edition (2574915071)

Thanks - Mike

Slot added 4/23/21.

5 hours ago, Taxmick1 said:

Matt:

Please add to the "Bone (Complete)" set:

Rose 1    (2089723022)
Rose 2    (2066004007)
Rose 3    (2101297003)

I believe I asked that this be added in 2020; however, you were uncertain whether any of the characters in the "Rose" books were in the "Bone" universe.  Rose is "Gran'ma Ben" from the Bone series.  Here's the description of the mini-series: "The stirring prequel to the award-winning, bestselling BONE series!  When a terrifying dragon attacks the small towns of the Northern Valley, a young Princess Rose (known later as Gran'ma Ben) must defeat it. The beast is actually the ancient evil, the Lord of the Locusts, and while Rose faces danger with honor, her elder sister, Princess Briar, follows a more sinister path. An unforgettable story with beautiful, sweeping artwork, this prequel explores the fateful beginnings of the epic BONE saga."

Thanks - Mike 

Can confirm if this helps. Rose is in the regular Bone set after all.

Fawcett: Marvel Family #4:" Just my thought, but if CGC recognizes this (Marvel Family #4) as a legit error, shouldn’t it have its spot in the “Marvel Family” set? I have two copies. One has “Manufactured with no indicia printed on the 1st page,” and the other doesn’t. I love to be able to show off both in the set.

__MFamily#4 Error_a.jpg

Hello @ParadoxTremors,

Thank you for your post. Unfortunately, I am unable to add a slot for the error editions as they are not listed separately in our system. Our system only has Marvel Family #4 and the graders notate the errors. If the book had its own variant, I would gladly add it to the set. 

13 minutes ago, ParadoxTremors said:

Fawcett: Marvel Family #4:" Just my thought, but if CGC recognizes this (Marvel Family #4) as a legit error, shouldn’t it have its spot in the “Marvel Family” set? I have two copies. One has “Manufactured with no indicia printed on the 1st page,” and the other doesn’t. I love to be able to show off both in the set.

__MFamily#4 Error_a.jpg 

First, that is an awesome book!  I don't have a dog in the fight with this set but I know this thread allows for discussion when it comes to additions.

I only personally follow one set where a couple books have an ‘error edition’ as well as the regular (non error) book and the errors DO NOT have slots of their own.

I personally wouldn’t recommend errors getting their own slots.  I recommend each single issue/printing having a slot where either could be added, which is how I believe it is now.  Someone feel free to correct me if I am wrong.  Anyways, just offering another opinion.

Again, awesome book!  Take care!

On 2/26/2021 at 3:23 PM, Taxmick1 said:

Matt:

Please add to the "Hepcats (Complete)" set:

Westfield Newsletter #v12 #11 (3719911012) 

This is a Hepcats cover by Martin Wagner with an interview and early "Hepcats" strips. 

The book details in our system do not list a Hepcats appearance. Please provide any links or additional details.

@mikegensSee the photos below - the cover is from Hepcats and the interior page notes that in the cover article, several of the early Hepcats strips are presented.  I believe it merits an inclusion in the set. Thanks - Mike 

Westfield Newsletter #v12 #11 Interior page.jpg

Westfield Newsletter #v12 #11.jpg

On 2/28/2021 at 8:55 AM, Taxmick1 said:

Matt:

Please add to the "Vampirella One-Shots" set:

Vampirella Facsimile Edition #3 (3719911021)

Vampirella Facsimile Edition #30 (3719911016)

Thanks - Mike

These are considered reprints not one-shots. Reprints are only accepted in “Complete with Variants” sets. (Some modern reprints are technically foreign editions)

@mikegensHi Mike - So ... should I request that you create a new "Vampirella One-Shots Complete With Variants" set?

Currently, 8 of the first 10 books in the "Vampirella One-Shots" set are facsimile reprints. 

Please advise - thanks - Mike (taxmick1) 

Hello @Taxmick1,

Thank you for your post. I have removed the other Facsimile Editions from the One-Shot set as they are not eligible. They are simply reprints of existing books which makes them ineligible. Please note that Reprints have very few eligible slots as they are not originals and allowing them into standard sets will dilute the sets. Reprints are usually best for custom sets. 

2 hours ago, Taxmick1 said:

@mikegensHi Mike - So ... should I request that you create a new "Vampirella One-Shots Complete With Variants" set?

Currently, 8 of the first 10 books in the "Vampirella One-Shots" set are facsimile reprints. 

Please advise - thanks - Mike (taxmick1) 

Hello @Taxmick1,

Thank you for your post. I have removed the other Facsimile Editions from the One-Shot set as they are not eligible. They are simply reprints of existing books which makes them ineligible. Please note that Reprints have very few eligible slots as they are not originals and allowing them into standard sets will dilute the sets. Reprints are usually best for custom sets. 

@Matt GMatt: OK - I've requested that a new "Vampirella Facsimile Set Complete With Variants" set be created ... I must admit I'm a little puzzled by this stance as it was me who had actually requested the "facsimile" additions to the "Vampirella One-Shots" set over the last year or two without a foreseeable problem, but I do understand your explanation.  Thanks - Mike

Hello @Taxmick1,

Unfortunately, at the time of adding facsimile #1, I considered this a one-off but then the other issues were created. For that reason, I removed all others from the one-shot set. The Vampirella Facsimile set will be denied as CGC has only graded issues #1, 2, and 30 so it is not eligible for its own set. 

Sent DM with more details.