2021 "I WANT THIS TO BE ADDED TO A SET" REQUEST
15 15

233 posts in this topic

Hello!  :hi:

Please remove the following books from the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (Volume 1) set:

Gobbledygook 1 (1984)

Gobbledygook 1 (1986)

Starting with the 1986 book, this was a book that was added and subsequently removed in late 2019.  I made this post and I stand by the points I laid out. 

The same points apply to the 1984 version of Gobbledygook.  The book is an anthology book, a collection of short stories instead of parts of an overarching narrative.  Early TMNT stories were spread out over MANY titles and publishers.  Gobbledygook would fit well in a "TMNT (Complete)" or "Early TMNT Anthologies" or any other such set, but it does not belong in Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (Volume 1).  It was not part of the main title and it's even separated into a different category by the publisher who draws a distinction between the main series and books like Gobbledygook which they call "Specials". 

If that weren't enough, the Turtles don't even feature in the stories contained within Gobbledygook.  They are in the ad on the back cover, but that's the extent.  If we are including ads, we'd be opening up another can of worms by allowing books like New Age Comics #1 into the set.  It's best to not travel down that road. 

Some may say "why is Fugitoid allowed when Gobbledygook isn't?".  Well, the Fugitoid microseries features the full story of the Fugitoid which DOES feature the TMNT and the story is a direct lead-in to issue #5 in the main series.  If that weren't enough, the publishers also consider Fugitoid to be part of the main series while Gobbledygook is not.  I'll also say that it's strange that Gobbledygook #1 (1984) was added but not #2.  Neither should be in this registry, but it's just strange that only 1 made the initial cut.

Don't get me wrong.  I think Gobbledygook is one of the coolest books in this hobby.  Check out my profile pic.  It's been some variation of Fugitoid from the cover of Gobbledygook for YEARS.  I have owned a set for about a decade.  They are great books...but they are demonstrably not part of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (Volume 1).

I appreciate your consideration.  :foryou:

Slots removed 4/6/21.

• Administrator
14 hours ago, dragonmgmt said:

So, it's February 22, and none of the posts from this 2021 thread have been addressed yet.  Respectfully, can Matt G or someone else from CGC please update us on the timeline for making these Registry changes?

Thank you.

Hello @dragonmgmt,

Thank you for your post. I am currently working through the rest of the 2020 Set creations and hope to be working on the 2021 threads soon. I apologize for the delay and hope to have assistance with the requests in the near future. I appreciate the patience from yourself and the rest of the community and want you to know that we are aware of the backlog of requests and are working towards a resolution. 

13 hours ago, Turtle said:

Hello!  :hi:

Please remove the following books from the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (Volume 1) set:

Gobbledygook 1 (1984)

Gobbledygook 1 (1986)

Starting with the 1986 book, this was a book that was added and subsequently removed in late 2019.  I made this post and I stand by the points I laid out. 

The same points apply to the 1984 version of Gobbledygook.  The book is an anthology book, a collection of short stories instead of parts of an overarching narrative.  Early TMNT stories were spread out over MANY titles and publishers.  Gobbledygook would fit well in a "TMNT (Complete)" or "Early TMNT Anthologies" or any other such set, but it does not belong in Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (Volume 1).  It was not part of the main title and it even separated into a different category by the publisher who draws a distinction between the main series and books like Gobbledygook which they call "Specials". 

If that weren't enough, the Turtles don't even feature in the stories contained within Gobbledygook.  They are in the ad on the back cover, but that's the extent.  If we are including ads, we'd be opening up another can of worms by allowing books like New Age Comics #1 into the set.  It's best to not travel down that road. 

Some may say "why is Fugitoid allowed when Gobbledygook isn't?".  Well, the Fugitoid microseries features the full story of the Fugitoid with DOES feature the TMNT and the story is a direct lead-in to issue #5 in the main series.  If that weren't enough, the publishers also consider Fugitoid to be part of the main series while Gobbledygook is not.  I'll also say that its strange that Gobbledygook #1 (1984) was added but not #2.  Neither should be in this registry, but it's just strange that only 1 made the initial cut.

Don't get me wrong.  I think Gobbledygook is one of the coolest books in this hobby.  Check out my profile pic.  It's been some variation of Fugitoid from the cover of Gobbledygook for YEARS.  I have owned a set for about a decade.  They are great books...but that are demonstrably not part of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (Volume 1).

I appreciate your consideration.  :foryou:

^^

Hi Matt,                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  Please add this to the "Vampirella 2019"      Vampirella #v5 #12 -- Comic Kingdom of Canada Edition    Certification # 3722093010                                                                                                                                                                                                     Thanks Cliff Sapienza

Slot created 4/7/21.

Matt:

Please add to the "Hepcats (Complete)" set:

Westfield Newsletter #v12 #11 (3719911012) 

This is a Hepcats cover by Martin Wagner with an interview and early "Hepcats" strips. 

Slot added 4/7/21.

Matt:

Please add to the "Dave Stevens Covers" set:

Game Player's #v3 #8 (3719911007) Not eligible for set. 

GamePro #24 (3719911008) 

Kids Tribute #v3 #2 (3719911001)

Prevue #92 (3719911006)

These covers are all reproductions of previous classic Dave Stevens Rocketeer cover art and his cover art from Iger Comics Kingdom #nn.

Slots added 4/7/21.

Hi Matt , Please add these to the  "Vampirella 2019" set   ----------- Vampirella #v5 #15  Hetrick Variant Cover     Certification #3763020017     -------- Vampirella #v5 #15 Hetrick "Virgin" Edition   Certification #3763020018                                                                          Thank You Cliff Sapienza

Slots added 4/7/21.

Matt,

Could you please add the following.

Invincible #1 Gold Foil LCBS Variant 

Invincible #1 Red Foil Variant Cert# 3783176092  

Set: Invincible

Thank you,

Phillip

Reprints are only accepted in “Complete with Variants” sets. (Some modern reprints are technically foreign editions)

Matt:

Please add to the "Vampirella One-Shots" set:

Vampirella Facsimile Edition #3 (3719911021)

Vampirella Facsimile Edition #30 (3719911016)

Thanks - Mike

These are considered reprints not one-shots. Reprints are only accepted in “Complete with Variants” sets. (Some modern reprints are technically foreign editions)

Matt:

Please add to the "Mickey Rat" set:

Weirdo #21 (3719911018)

This was an early Mickey Rat strip 

This issue is not eligible for this set as this is not a complete with variant set.

Matt,

I completely agree with what both Turtle & pubmonkey monkey stated about the TMNT Volume 1 set. There is no need to “reinvent this wheel”(this set -  is the epitome of the perfect run flat tire) These books are already, the definitive books that belong in there and most likely ever will belong in there as turtle described.  

Those/these other books as I mentioned in my prior post after you added them, would be perfect for custom sets, or just integrating the books into the TMNT One Shots Mini-Series SET

Best,   
Eric

Books removed from set, thank you

Hello Matt, please add Real Hit Comics #1 to the Blue Beetle 1939 set, there is already a Real Hit Comics #1 in the set but that needs to be changed to Real Hit Comics #1 Coverless Edition as there are two different versions of the book and it is annotated that way on the CGC census. Please keep in mind that these comics are extremely rare, but the coverless one even more so. For reference, here are cert #s for the two different editions of the book:

Real Hit Comics #1: 3785961001
Real Hit Comics #1 (Coverless Edition): 2023546001

Issue added to existing slot as per registry guidelines 4/8/21. Numbered Sets (Ex. Action Comics #1-#100), "Complete Sets", Specialty Sets (Marvel Copper Age Set), Master Sets and Appearance Sets - Variants and additional prints (2nd, 3rd, etc.) will share a slot.

Matt:

Please add to the "Lady Death (Coffin)" set:

Lady  Death: Fantasies #1 Merry X Edition (2579452001)

Lady  Death: Fantasies #1 Naughty Merry X Edition (2579452002)

Thanks - Mike

Slots added 4/8/21.