• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Best Comic Youtube Channels and Forums (besides this one)
2 2

45 posts in this topic

I'm looking for suggestions on some of the best Youtube channels and other comic forums people visit (CGC seems to be the best UI/graphic design forum layout I've found). I've been getting a bit more into the scene (again) recently but haven't found that much that appeals to me. Without calling out anyone by name - Youtube channels with overly opinionated angry blowhards or people miming the cadence of a radio morning deejay are not my cup of tea.

I really like Comicpop, but I only like watching it with the original 3, Sal, Ethan, and Ben. The trio really have a good connection. 
Tiffany annoys me and can’t watch episodes with her on it. Joel sounds like he’s on the radio, and the comicstorian character is too much. 

8 hours ago, 01TheDude said:

I find some of the stuff this guy (known as "ComicTropes") does interesting. Not all of it but he has enough content that you don't have to watch it all.

https://www.youtube.com/user/skunkape

I support Chris (albeit nominally) via his Patreon, as I enjoy his content and he puts a lot of research into the work. 

I keep up with Comictom101 since I like to know what's been selling in the comic world and the types of stuff current collectors are chasing. Yes, it's a lot of carnival barking but that's kind of the point of the channel. 

@Gem_Mint has a good channel that I've subscribed to. Content posted almost every day and professionally produced. 

On 1/1/2021 at 12:35 AM, 01TheDude said:

I find some of the stuff this guy (known as "ComicTropes") does interesting. Not all of it but he has enough content that you don't have to watch it all.

https://www.youtube.com/user/skunkape

Yeah Comic Tropes is one of the few I was subbed to before. I appreciate his eclectic taste and research/knowledge on the subjects. Given we don't have a comics magazine like Wizard anymore it's harder and harder to find places engaging with the actual culture and history of comics and comic artists. Cartoonist Kayfabe has some nice interviews as well. There's far too much depressingly unimaginative 'what's the hottest selling thing selling on ebay this week' passing as comic culture for me typically when I find people doing a comic related channel. To a certain extent that's fine, (there should be a place for it), but there's so many Kickstarter projects and new publishers/artists out there these days - I wish more people were trying to give them a boost. Hopefully I'm wrong and I just haven't found what's already out there yet.

Edited by Pixx_L

On 1/1/2021 at 5:47 AM, Ryan. said:

I support Chris (albeit nominally) via his Patreon, as I enjoy his content and he puts a lot of research into the work. 

I keep up with Comictom101 since I like to know what's been selling in the comic world and the types of stuff current collectors are chasing. Yes, it's a lot of carnival barking but that's kind of the point of the channel. 

@Gem_Mint has a good channel that I've subscribed to. Content posted almost every day and professionally produced. 

Best post so far!!!

On 12/31/2020 at 11:37 PM, wormboy said:

I enjoy Regie Collects, Pop fun to play, Very Gary, and Aznfunk, on YouTube. Comic Gains is a pretty cool new show too.

King Cobra Comics is good too, but he doesn't post enough. :baiting: I also like Very Gary Comics, but he concentrates a bit too much on new stuff for me, AFTA comics, eta nick are great and my favourite unboxing's are done by Luther Manning and a fairly new UK guy called Jason Parker, but again he does a fair bit of new stuff, but he did the funniest unboxing ever, his face when the books were not the grades he expected cracked me up, PML.