• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

GOAL POSTS, 2021 (post'm, if you dare!)...
4 4

40 posts in this topic

For me also, 2020 brought into sharp focus the value of comic collecting as an activity.  It provides the thrill of the hunt and making the kill, the intellectual diversion of researching new targets and learning more about comics in general, the opportunity for conversation with fellow collectors (hearing stories of the past, telling stories of the fish caught, debates over aesthetics and money, etc. ad infinitum) and all of those benefits are accessible by computer.  My 2020 included all of the above.  2020 here in SF has ended with a mild earthquake, and I take that as a divine commentary on the past not the future.  So I am optimistic.

My goal for 2021 include (1) nailing down some details and finish unspooling a comic collecting story I've long worked on, (2) tracking down a few obscure comics that are within reach, (3) getting caught up on my CGC submitting and selling some comics that deserve a collector who will love them more, and (4) finding new and interesting prey to hunt.   I am confident that 2021 will see this country finally led out of the present mess, so I hope that later this year in-person experiences again become a fixture of my comic collecting (any predictions on the first comic con that will actually occur anyone?).  

2021, I hope to read a great comic history book like the history of EC comics which I did this year, it looks promising with a announcement of a great new marvel omnibus entitled "August 1961" containing every comic book published by marvel that month including teen romance, western and the new cover looks amazing and of course will be released on the 60th anniversary of their release in August 2021. It looks amazing -

On GA/SA comic book front TOT#1 is on my list, unrestored of course,as well a couple of pre 1938 GA books which will remain unamed

On the original art area one pinup piece and possible one pulp piece.

Cat congrad on the MM46 CLASSIC...

Edited by Mmehdy

I will be looking for the following 10 issues in 2021.  I hope this post doesn't create competition for me...

DC Atom-age

__________________  #____

___________________    #____

_________________  #____

______________________ #____

_____________________  #____

Other Comics

______________  Vol.__  #____

____________________  #____

___________  #____

Seriously?  You think I'm going to give anyone a clue about my grails?  Puh..lease...:taptaptap:  :roflmao:

52 minutes ago, Tri-ColorBrian said:

I will be looking for the following 10 issues in 2021.  I hope this post doesn't create competition for me...

DC Atom-age

__________________  #____

___________________    #____

_________________  #____

______________________ #____

Other Comics

____________________  #____

___________  #____

Seriously?  You think I'm going to give anyone a clue about my grails?  Puh..lease...:taptaptap:  :roflmao:

I am glad to know you are still in the "game"..2021 could unleash some major auctions and material and I hopping a return to SDCC...I do not think Wonder Con in April is gonna be held again...two years in a row

3 hours ago, Tri-ColorBrian said:

DC Atom-age

_______mutt & Jeff___________  #__33__

________Funny stuff ___________    #___32_

_______Scribbly __________  #__5__

_______________Animal antics _______ #__20__

___________Buzzy__________  #__25__

____________Dale evans _________  #__5__

Other Comics

________Nancy______  Vol.__  #65__

_____Broncho bill_________  Vol.__  #__11__

____Henry________________  #__7__

_Happy comics__________  #__31__

Should be around $103.00 for everything...lol

My wants are obtainable with the right copies showing up...

Single Series #20

Flash comics #14,15

All American comics #94

Strange Tales #19,20

Marvel Mystery #46 was my first copy of that title obtained as a young teenager. It was not expensive or considered a classic cover back then...

Edited by N e r V