• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THREAD CLOSED
1 1

64 posts in this topic

:news: Thread is now closed. PM offers are still welcome.

Today, I'll be listing a few slabs with some raw books to follow later. Feel free to PM with questions or offers.

Terms: First :takeit: claims the item. PM offers are also welcome.

Payments: PayPal or Money Order accepted.

Shipping: $4 for the first raw book and $12 for the first CGC book. Shipping discount for multiple books.
International buyers: Exact shipping. Please contact me for a quote.

Other: I will not sell to any Hall of Shamers or anyone on the Probation list.

Return Policy:
Returns accepted within 14 days of the sale date. Items must be return shipped in the same condition prior to refund.
Please ask any questions before committing to buy.

Edited by Real Frantic One
closed

1 minute ago, sledgehammer said:

I had slowed down buying comics in '83.

I've never seen a back cover "next issue" message like that before.

No UPC. What's the story with that?

Back in the early 80's, Marvel converted some titles to direct distribution only. Ka-Zar (with #12) and Moon Knight (with #15) were two of them, and I don't recall if there were any others.

29 minutes ago, Real Frantic One said:

Back in the early 80's, Marvel converted some titles to direct distribution only. Ka-Zar (with #12) and Moon Knight (with #15) were two of them, and I don't recall if there were any others.

Micronauts was another one. They started doing some cool wraparound covers around then too. 

23 minutes ago, Real Frantic One said:

Oh yeah, now I remember. I thought there was one more and that was it.

Marvel Fanfare?  I don't know if I'm in the right era, as I'm usually lost in the space/time continuum. 

54 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

Marvel Fanfare?  I don't know if I'm in the right era, as I'm usually lost in the space/time continuum. 

Yep, that was intended from the inception as a direct-only title. Ka-Zar, Micronauts, and Moon Knight were converted to direct only later in the run.