• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Goodbye to this crappy year..!

51 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, James J Johnson said:

Happy New Year to all.

And remember, things are never quite so bad that they can't possibly get any worse. I like to be optimistic when forward looking, but 2020 may have been a stroll in the park compared to what awaits in 2021. hm

2020 is going to leave us with a bit of a hangover because Rome can't be built in a day, but I am confident that 2021 will see this country finally led out of the present mess. 

30 minutes ago, Ken Aldred said:

Here in the UK, we have a serious outbreak of the new, more contagious Covid strain which is affecting the south around London very badly, and my region is promoted into the most severe Tier 4 category in about 20 minutes, as we enter the new year.

Welcome on board Ken. All we need is a little customary English precipitation and we'll have tiers in rain. Which would be Batty, wouldn't it.

Happy New Year! 

46 minutes ago, comicginger1789 said:

I feel very fortunate that 2020 went the way it did for me. I know others were not so lucky. If anything I hope we can all have health and hope and prosperity in 2021. At least more than 2020.

Whether things go great, so-so, or not that great, always remember the sage words that Mel Bernstein said to Tony Montana in Scarface; "Every day above ground is a good day". 

Normally around this time we'd have a house full of friends, laughing and talking and eating while the kids played XBox downstairs. We'd have a little drink here and there, waiting for the ball to drop, and then I'd make a huge midnight breakfast for whoever was still standing.

This year the wife is having some leftover pasta from dinner last night, and I just heated up some chicken strips. Going to watch a movie, then probably go to bed.

What a difference a year makes.

BUT, we are safe and alive and healthy. My parents, her folks, our families, our friends, have all survived. We are both lucky to remain employed, working from home this entire time. We are very, very fortunate, and very, very grateful.

Everyone keep your head down, keep moving forward, and stay alive. See you in 2021.