• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Goodbye to this crappy year..!

51 posts in this topic

I cut this Mutts cartoon out of the paper on 1/2/20 and pinned it up with some optimism.  It only took 4 months to rip it off the wall and tear it up...

January 2 2020, Daily Comic Strip

I count myself so darn fortunate. Never lost my job ... never got sick ... no loved one got sick.  I can't imagine the hardships that multitudes of people are going thru. I'm so glad there's light at the end of the tunnel. I'm fairly certain that there will be permanent changes to the way we live our lives ... positive changes.

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year to the boards,

May 2021 bring you health, happiness, and good fortune.  

Here on Long Island, it is 10:45 PM... and someone is banging on a drum somewhere within earshot while it is raining... beats the fireworks I guess. 

15 hours ago, PetuniaGrimm said:

Love the optimism, but I don't share it.
The same forces who were pulling the strings and brought us 2020 are now more firmly entrenched than ever.
If I had awoken this morning to find the internet and all forms of media gone I might have more hope

agree and that was a good way of putting it 

2 minutes ago, sfcityduck said:

I have no idea what this poster is attempting to say.  I am fine with free speech, free press, and facts, even when they entail informing me the truth that there is an honest to God real life pandemic in our country that has infected 20.5 million Americans, killed approximately 350,000 Americans, and is continuing to do so at a rate of several thousand a day.  Many of us on this site have had friends and relatives contract the virus.  Far better to know the truth about what we face so we can plan and take the steps to fight our way out of this mess than to pretend the world is different than it is.  Fortunately there are paths out of this mess and I am confident 2021 will see this country led out of it.  I do agree with this poster that unfortunately there are corners of the internet and especially the Twitter sphere where misinformation is rampant but most Americans no how to tell truth from falsity and my optimism for America is bright.

You know exactly what he's saying and, speaking as someone who has now lost several people as a direct result of the virus, he can take his conspiracy BS and shove it up his longbox. 

20 hours ago, Ryan. said:

You know exactly what he's saying and, speaking as someone who has now lost several people as a direct result of the virus, he can take his conspiracy BS and shove it up his longbox. 

Are you speaking to/about me? If so you have absolutely no idea what I am saying as I never once mentioned the virus or anything else specifically for that matter.
I'm a little pressed for time at the moment, but if it is my post you are taking issue with just say so, and I'm happy to come back later and expand on it.  
I'll give you hint for now, social influence the vehicles used to drive it

8 minutes ago, PetuniaGrimm said:

Are you speaking to/about me? If so you have absolutely no idea what I am saying as I never once mentioned the virus or anything else specifically for that matter.
I'm a little pressed for time at the moment, but if it is my post you are taking issue with just say so, and I'm happy to come back later and expand on it.  

Yes, and looking forward to it.

9 minutes ago, Ryan. said:
18 minutes ago, PetuniaGrimm said:

Yes, and looking forward to it.

And pernts. Lots of pernts