• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE 2021 SKETCH COVER MEGA THREAD
17 17

913 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, Complex306 said:

Wanted your opinions on this guys. It's my first ever attempt at a sketch cover and I'm not sure if I should try to sell it as-is, get it graded first, or keep it since it's my first one ever. I still need to register with CGC as an artist before I can get it graded, fyi. Thoughts, comments, concerns? Is it terrible and I should kill it with fire instead? I need objective input friends.

20210314_133159.jpg

I like your style, and your signature is COOL! I'd register as a cgc artist and perhaps you might want to add on the back cover Sketch cover #1 and have them document it on the label too. I know of at least one artist that documents their sketch covers that way and I think it adds to the history of the piece especially if you really get into it. 

8 hours ago, Raze said:

cool cover, nice work! Wait till you can send it in as an artist and have it graded. If anyone makes you an offer you cant refuse take it, if not keep it!

Yeah I'm leaning towards the grading route, I'm going to email CGC tomorrow to inquire about the process. Thanks for the feedback, I really appreciate it!

3 minutes ago, cgcsketcherz said:

I like your style, and your signature is COOL! I'd register as a cgc artist and perhaps you might want to add on the back cover Sketch cover #1 and have them document it on the label too. I know of at least one artist that documents their sketch covers that way and I think it adds to the history of the piece especially if you really get into it. 

Thanks man, its the 1st time I put the teeth on my sig, thought it would be a cool little add-on. I put the "1" on the right side since it was my 1st comic cover, but its a great idea to label it on the back instead, hadn't heard/ thought of that before. Really appreciate the input!

9 hours ago, Complex306 said:

Wanted your opinions on this guys. It's my first ever attempt at a sketch cover and I'm not sure if I should try to sell it as-is, get it graded first, or keep it since it's my first one ever. I still need to register with CGC as an artist before I can get it graded, fyi. Thoughts, comments, concerns? Is it terrible and I should kill it with fire instead? I need objective input friends.

20210314_133159.jpg

Do not kill it with fire!  You have talent and this is a very fine first sketch cover 👍

1 hour ago, worldsbestcomics said:

Do not kill it with fire!  You have talent and this is a very fine first sketch cover 👍

Thanks! I was hoping no one would choose the fire option lol I just started drawing seriously about 6 months ago, the pandemic left me with very little to do at work so I started doing little batman and venom sketches when I was bored and its just kinda progressed from there.

2 minutes ago, Complex306 said:

Thanks! I was hoping no one would choose the fire option lol I just started drawing seriously about 6 months ago, the pandemic left me with very little to do at work so I started doing little batman and venom sketches when I was bored and its just kinda progressed from there.

1 hour ago, worldsbestcomics said:

That’s bad ! Slab it and keep it! Then do a Ghost Rider piece! Lol. I’d buy it! 🤘🏻🤘🏻🤘🏻

2 minutes ago, Ghost Rider 928 said:

That’s bad ! Slab it and keep it! Then do a Ghost Rider piece! Lol. I’d buy it! 🤘🏻🤘🏻🤘🏻

Thanks man! I'm really leaning towards keeping it, just bc its my first. I actually have an idea for a ghost rider, just need to get a blank for it. Whenever I get around to doing it I'll post it here first so you can see if you like it!

5 minutes ago, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

Only way the fire option would be chosen is if you were talking about doing it like this.3EA39317-A608-436B-B688-68DE906E377A.jpeg.fd7b1877e1b3f8bbe9a4d37ecf71997c.thumb.jpeg.2e62736b12bdf47b1e1a9a166ab4c4f9.jpeg

( note not my book another member shared this) 

Dude I saw these a few months ago and was blown away, such amazing work, I wouldn't even know where to start in replicating that lol. Would love to have a piece like that on my wall.

20 minutes ago, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

Only way the fire option would be chosen is if you were talking about doing it like this.3EA39317-A608-436B-B688-68DE906E377A.jpeg.fd7b1877e1b3f8bbe9a4d37ecf71997c.thumb.jpeg.2e62736b12bdf47b1e1a9a166ab4c4f9.jpeg

( note not my book another member shared this) 

This is sweet. I have a sweet piece from Randy also. It’s amazing how much time goes in these covers!

Edited by Ghost Rider 928
Name correct

On 3/15/2021 at 12:45 AM, Ghost Rider 928 said:

Here is a top favorite for me. Ghost Rider by Randy Proctor. I know Randy isn’t a top artist that does marvel covers but it is crazy how much time he puts into these books. He isn’t your average artist. This art is actually burned into the cover! Great work and very talented!

5118FC16-D2ED-47DD-8BA2-8B647A1FFA42.jpeg

How do I get a hold of this guy, damn he is insanely talented.!!How do I get a hold of this guy, damn he is insanely talented.!!