• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE 2021 SKETCH COVER MEGA THREAD
17 17

913 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, DELTA 62 said:

I may be in the minority but I kinda like it the way it is.  Sometimes, colors can take away from the details of a black/white sketch.  

And colors won't make it look bad.  It will still look great. 

You could always leave it as is and see if you keep thinking about coloring it.  

Or, maybe just do one unifying color "splash" - like matching the yellow in X-Men title (i.e. fill in places where that yellow works).  Hope this makes sense.  

Thanks man. I had a couple other people recommend the same, leave it as-is or just do 1 "spot" color lightly in places. I think I'm going to leave it for right now, it'll be awhile before I send it off so I have time to change my mind. Really appreciate the feedback!

4 hours ago, TonyTheHammer said:

Gesso primed wood panel

Its very cool but this is the wrong thread for it, only sketch covers.

45 minutes ago, mediaslave said:

Just sharing a new one I did. It was purely an experiment, just to try and recover some sketch covers that I had screwed up. All for fun!

**Edit, the photos look like . Lemme reshoot those, all the shading is missing....

https://www.instagram.com/p/CNWs1QHgJ4g/

169478538_2896267920619376_4509928046388121496_n.jpg

169660664_203944001149746_7674586724115600297_n.jpg

Like the glow in the dark ink!

42 minutes ago, austinhg said:

I posted this to a Facebook group a few weeks back, so you may have caught it already. But, I won the raffle to buy this Collette Turner cover late last year and got it back recently.

PXL_20210319_194417360.jpg

Congrats!

1 hour ago, austinhg said:

I posted this to a Facebook group a few weeks back, so you may have caught it already. But, I won the raffle to buy this Collette Turner cover late last year and got it back recently.

PXL_20210319_194417360.jpg

Man that is nice!