• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

OLD BRIDGE NJ COMIC BOOK EXPO-SUN,JAN 17TH

8 posts in this topic

Sunday, January 17th

10-4 

Old Bridge Elks Club
67 Old Amboy Rd
Old Bridge, NJ

Admission $2

Many of your favorite dealers will be there, along with some new guys as well.

Just take the Garden State Parkway to exit 123... head south on RT 9 for just over 5 miles... the site is just two blocks off the highway (turn at the Acme).

Ample, free parking is available on site.

PLEASE NOTE-ONLY 75 PEOPLE ARE ALLOWED IN THE SPACE AT A TIME... OBSERVE SOCIAL DISTANCING... ANYONE UNABLE OR UNWILLING TO PROPERLY WEAR A MASK OR FACE COVERING AT ALL TIMES WITHIN THE BUILDING WILL NOT BE ALLOWED IN.  HAND SANITIZER WILL BE AVAILABLE-PLEASE USE IT.  IF YOU ARE SICK... IF ANYONE IN YOUR HOME IS SICK... PLEASE STAY HOME.  EVERYONE'S TEMPERATURE WILL BE TAKEN.  IF IT EXCEEDS 100.4 YOU WILL NOT BE ALLOWED IN. 

Our good friend Gene Carpenter of All American Comics will be setting up with great GA and SA for the first time in years!

Check out our website: http://www.njcomicbookshows.com

Edited by pug productions

If coming to the show then post a wantlist here or pm the promoter. Especially silver and gold books. Sometimes dealers can’t bring everything along and a heads up would help 

Some dealers including myself will be actively buying at this show so bring some comics along with you to sell or trade. Thanks. 

On 1/11/2021 at 10:55 AM, Comicshows said:

If coming to the show then post a wantlist here or pm the promoter.

I am generally looking for Planet Comics, Master Comics and covers featuring Captain Marvel Jr. A really nice Mary Marvel cover (WOW?) might get my attention as well.

Lately I have been after Steranko covers, for bigger titles but also lesser titles as well. FF 132, Shanna 2, Creatures on the Loose 21, 22, that sort of thing - not low grade though.

I am also looking for a not too expensive FF13. I like giant hand covers, so that is why I want this one but being an early FF makes it expensive for such esoteric reason to collect. Always looking at Marvel Family 77 or Sensation Comics, especially 99 or one with HG Peter Etta Candy on it.

how is that for being specific!

I am looking for a show where clueless dealers like in the "adventures in the dollar box thread" put out piles of $20-$100 books for $1-$2 each and I somehow snag them before anyone else does. Is this that kind of show? :nyah:

Have you been hitting capacity? What happens if you are person 76? Do you wait outside for an hour?

57 minutes ago, the blob said:

I am looking for a show where clueless dealers like in the "adventures in the dollar box thread" put out piles of $20-$100 books for $1-$2 each and I somehow snag them before anyone else does. Is this that kind of show? :nyah:

Have you been hitting capacity? What happens if you are person 76? Do you wait outside for an hour?

We have hit capacity on occasion,  but nobody has ever had to wait more than 10 minutes.  You are welcome to see if any dealers are giving away books... in fact,  if you let me know at the door,  I will make an announcement, so that you are given preferential treatment. 

1 hour ago, Bird said:

I am generally looking for Planet Comics, Master Comics and covers featuring Captain Marvel Jr. A really nice Mary Marvel cover (WOW?) might get my attention as well.

Lately I have been after Steranko covers, for bigger titles but also lesser titles as well. FF 132, Shanna 2, Creatures on the Loose 21, 22, that sort of thing - not low grade though.

I am also looking for a not too expensive FF13. I like giant hand covers, so that is why I want this one but being an early FF makes it expensive for such esoteric reason to collect. Always looking at Marvel Family 77 or Sensation Comics, especially 99 or one with HG Peter Etta Candy on it.

how is that for being specific!

Thanks. A big help. Just have one Planet left. Sold my FF 13 last month. Your other wants I sent on to Gene to see if he has. See you Sunday. 

On 1/12/2021 at 8:51 PM, Comicshows said:

Thanks. A big help. Just have one Planet left. Sold my FF 13 last month. Your other wants I sent on to Gene to see if he has. See you Sunday. 

Thanks! I appreciate it.