• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age Classic Cover Nominations
2 2

47 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Randall Ries said:

I nominate Batman #9. It has it all. This should have been designated classic years ago. Last actual "Bat-A**" cover until Detective 395, IMO. This cover has been reproduced in title at least once (Bat 16 "phased" image), on advertisements, toys, flyers and homaged many many times and hinted at in other instances. All Hail Fred Ray. I'll even use the Fred Ray recreation version that's being sold at HA this month:

Untitled.png

Unless I'm mistaken, the cover of Bat-Man #9 is attributed to Jack Burnley.  hm 

HA may have missed that.  Nevertheless, Fred Ray's cover for #11 is judged a classic in it's own rite and he certainly had the chops to do a superb recreation.  

While Burnley's cover may not be designated a classic, it's a great cover and given your impassioned advocacy, perhaps it should be. (thumbsu

Love the art!

:tink:

Edited by Cat-Man_America

8 hours ago, Cat-Man_America said:

Unless I'm mistaken, the cover of Bat-Man #9 is attributed to Jack Burnley.  hm 

HA may have missed that.  Nevertheless, Fred Ray's cover for #11 is judged a classic in it's own rite and he certainly had the chops to do a superb recreation.  

While Burnley's cover may not be designated a classic, it's a great cover and given your impassioned advocacy, perhaps it should be. (thumbsu

Love the art!

:tink:

DUH! Jack Burnley. Thanks for correcting me. I knew that. I was looking at the Fred Ray recreation and threw it all in together. Get with the program, Ries.

3 hours ago, Electricmastro said:

The Challenger #1 (1945, Interfaith Publications). Art by E. C. Stoner.

smzkKJk.jpg

Every once in a while I come to this site and discover a comic which I now want more than anything that I'd never heard about before.  This is such a time.