• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1000 books in 2021
6 6

385 posts in this topic

Previously count - 23

Sandman #29

The TPB collection we are reading - Fables and Reflections - has a number of the one-off issues of the series, in a rather jumbled up order, which is why this one is up. As with everything Sandman, excellent reading.

I'm now 2 issues (out of the 2 issues so far) ahead of my family, so don't know when I might read another.

Supreme Blue Rose 1-7

Yes, back into the "S" independent titles from the early 20-teens!

Really enjoyed the Alan Moore issues of Supreme back in the day, and figured I would try this Warren Ellis title. Warren Ellis is apparently a wanker, but he usually puts out some very entertaining books. This isn't one of those times. It was rather confusing, and while I kinda get what he was going for, I didn't really care for it a great deal.

The Twilight Zone 1-12

As you know from the alphabet song, "T" comes after "S", so here we are. This set of 12 issues from the great JMS, J. Michael Straczynski aka Joe (if I ever meet him I'm going to ask about the whole "J"/Joe thing), consists of 3 stories (minor spoiler)

Spoiler

that turns out to be one interconnected story

is really pretty good. Plays well to the whole Twilight Zone feel. Recommended.

The Twilight Zone: Shadow & Substance 1-4

The followup series I found to be hit or miss - the first storyline (issues 1-2) hit, the second missed. While the second one felt like the Twilight Zone, it was just too obvious and overdone. Obvious can be okay if you bring something new to the table, but this didn't.

So, looks like we end this report at - 47

On 1/19/2021 at 10:46 PM, CAMPER49 said:

I'm all in!

I started reading DAREDEVIL (1964) from #1 back in November and am currently at #247. Pretty sure I started the Miller run around New Years Day so I'll say DAREDEVIL #158 was comic #1 for me in 2021. Once I'm done reading the 653 DD comics (including the 16 Annuals) from #1 up to #25/637 today, I'm moving over to DC to read all the JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA (1960) comics including the three BRAVE and BOLD intro books. JLA has always been an awesome read for me, can never read them too many times. Same goes for the FLASH (1959). I'll try to squeeze this series in before 2022 hits.

So 496 DD comics (653-157), 267 JLA comics (261 + 3 annuals + 3 B&B), and 250 FLASH comics (4 Showcase books + 105 to 350) to read in 2021...total is 1,013. Hope I can do it. 

I believe in you!

On 1/20/2021 at 1:46 AM, CAMPER49 said:

I'm moving over to DC to read all the JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA (1960) comics including the three BRAVE and BOLD intro books. JLA has always been an awesome read for me, can never read them too many times.

Last year I read the first 120 or so issues, which got me up to where I started back when I was a kid. Some really good stuff, some clunkers, but overall an enjoyable read.

13 hours ago, chromium said:

Great to see this thread is alive and back up. I started doing the 1000 comics back in 2011 and haven't missed a year, even when there wasn't an active thread I was still reading and tracking :)

This is the result of the previous 10 years :

2020 : 1013 comics read

2019 : 1161 comics read

2018 : 1289 comics read

2017 : 1305 comics read

2016 : 1668 comics read

2015 : 1785 comics read

2014 : 2226 comics read

2013 : 2563 comics read

2012 : 2500 comics read

2011 : 2245 comics read

-----------------------------------

Total 17755 comics read in 10 years.

Alas my yearly output is slowly declining and I just pipped the post in 2020. Gone are the days when I read 2500 comics per year :(

This year has started well, we still have 10 days to go in January and I'm already at 135 comics read so far :

January 2021

• 40 seconds 3
  • Alien - The original Screenplay 5
  • Alien vs. Predator Thicker than blood (4 comics)
  • Amazing Spider-man Full Circle (5 comics)
  • An unkindness of Ravens 3-4
  • Avengers of the Wasteland (5 comics)
  • bad Mother 4-5
  • Batman Black & White 1
  • Beastlands 1
  • Hidden Society 3-4
  • Hindsight 3
  • Immortal Hulk - The Threshing Place 1
  • Immortal Hulk 38-39
  • Immortal She-Hulk 1
  • Injustice - Year Zero 7-10
  • Iron Man 2-3
  • James Bond Reflections of Death (6 comics)
  • John Constantine - Hellblazer 10-11
  • Juggernaut 1-2
  • Justice League Dark 26-27
  • Killing Red Sonja 4
  • La Diabla 1
  • Last of the independents (5 comics)
  • Leap M 1
  • Locke & Key - ...In Pale Battalions Go... 2
  • Lost Soldiers 3
  • Madam Satan 1
  • Maestro 2-3
  • Marvel Zombies - Resurrection 2-4
  • Miles to go 1-2
  • Miskatonic 1
  • Mortis 2
  • Nailbiter Returns 6-7
  • Oblivion song 28
  • Offworld 2-3
  • Overwatch - Tracer - London Calling 2
  • Planet Comics 2
  • Punchline 1
  • Red Atlantis
  • Red Mother 9-10
  • Red Sonja 20-21
  • Redneck 28
  • Resident Alien, your ride's here 1
  • Rogue Planet 5
  • Shang-Chi 1-2
  • Star Trek Picard Countdown (4 comics)
  • Star Trek Year Five 15-16
  • Star Wars Bounty Hunters 5-6
  • Star Wars Darth Vader 5-7
  • Star Wars 6-8
  • Stillwater 2
  • Suicide Squad 9-10
  • Sweet Tooth the return 1
  • Taskmaster 1
  • That Texas Blood 4-5
  • The Batman's Grave 22
  • The Boys Dear Becky 5-6
  • The Commerian People of the Black Circle 2-3
  • The Department of Truth 1
  • The Devil's Red Bride 1
  • The Fire of Theseus 1-2
  • The Goddamned The Virgin brides 3-4
  • The Last God - Songs of Lost Children 1
  • The Last God 9
  • The Scumbag 1
  • The Seance Room (5 comics)
  • The Vain 1-2
  • The Walking Dead Deluxe 1-2
  • US Agent 1
  • We Live 1
  • Where are you Leopold ? 1 (4 comics)
  • You Look Like Death - Tales from the Umbrella Acedemy 2

Holy Moly!!! That is awesome 

Amazing Spider-Man

21 more issues between 187 and 306.  
At this point, I'm barely getting much in the way of completed arcs. Don't have many more of this title left. 

Highlights: 

#197 Always loved this issue.  The return of Wilson Fisk, and Vanessa has given him an ultimatum.  He has until midnight to destroy Spider-Man, after that, it's his crime enterprise or his wife.  In the end, he's just an old romantic.
#300 The first appearance of Venom speaks for itself, and I happily noticed for the first time, the issue I bought quite a while ago in the sellers forum was signed on the first page by Michelinie.   

69 issues read in 2021