• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me your favourite comics with massive people on them that fill the whole cover
2 2

173 posts in this topic

39 minutes ago, THE_BEYONDER said:

“Your comics....”

Any one can pull comic covers off the web :makepoint:

Not necessarily. You do have to have some idea what to look for.

Steve should decide.

Edited by Ken Aldred

26 minutes ago, Ken Aldred said:

Not necessarily. You do have to have some idea what to look for.

Steve should decide.

There's no rules - the thread's just a bit of fun. Post what you like whether you own it or nay :headbang:

14 hours ago, bronze_rules said:

I always thought that some of the laziest and simple covers are the most sought after (A few J. Buscema for example). People really like the focus and simplicity, but I feel for the artists that go out on a limb and draw detail for every cover.

Not knocking Buscema on that, as he's obviously one of the very greatest, but just a thought.

I know what you mean Bronze. My favourite covers personally are the almost ridiculously detailed ones. I write about those over in my Charlton thread, and there are quite a few great examples in the 1960-63 run. But I also like a big bold character image too. They can be quite striking - like this one:

1947554790_BillyTheKid30(Vol.1)September1961(6d).thumb.jpg.61cef19859cc81e1a6cc0004779e1a29.jpg

That cover just makes me want to buy it. 

2 minutes ago, thunsicker said:

Surprised I haven't seen this one yet:dkr2.thumb.jpg.3c558e57d754ab3b07cccab6d3ad83c9.jpg

Yes, I was wondering how long it would take :bigsmile:

1 minute ago, davidtere said:

A continuation of the thread. The Teen-Age Romances possibly features the largest (or massive) heads ever drawn by Matt Baker on a cover. 

IMG_2508.jpg

IMG_2509.jpg

@Hudson

20 hours ago, greggy said:

Listen here, I just gave my 107th blood donation so I'm ready to troll you all day.

xoxo

greggy

Jeez - I am at eight gallons, whatever that ends up being. My right arm looks like was a heavy user at one time.

I got pressed into service at the last blood drive they had here, which was last March right when the covid craziness began. I was supposed to take people's temps to make sure they were safe to stay in the waiting room. Trouble was, it was freaking cold here that day, and people were walking the streets to get to the donation center, so many of them wouldn't register any kind of temperature until they hung out, warming in the waiting room for 5-10 minutes. :p