• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me your favourite comics with massive people on them that fill the whole cover
2 2

173 posts in this topic

Just now, lizards2 said:

Jeez - I am at eight gallons, whatever that ends up being. My right arm looks like was a heavy user at one time.

I got pressed into service at the last blood drive they had here, which was last March right when the covid craziness began. I was supposed to take people's temps to make sure they were safe to stay in the waiting room. Trouble was, it was freaking cold here that day, and people were walking the streets to get to the donation center, so many of them wouldn't register any kind of temperature until they hung out, warming in the waiting room for 5-10 minutes. :p

I knew you had some redeeming qualities. 

Just now, greggy said:

I knew you had some redeeming qualities. 

Not many. I've got a rep to maintain. :cool: 

17 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

Jeez - I am at eight gallons, whatever that ends up being. My right arm looks like was a heavy user at one time.

I got pressed into service at the last blood drive they had here, which was last March right when the covid craziness began. I was supposed to take people's temps to make sure they were safe to stay in the waiting room. Trouble was, it was freaking cold here that day, and people were walking the streets to get to the donation center, so many of them wouldn't register any kind of temperature until they hung out, warming in the waiting room for 5-10 minutes. :p

The last time I gave blood she kept missing the vein and sticking me over and over I started to pass out but she kept going till she hit paydirt then sent me off to the donuts.  I learned later if they miss they are supposed to stop right then and there.  Vampirella wanted her blood tho.
@oakman29

3 minutes ago, kav said:

The last time I gave blood she kept missing the vein and sticking me over and over I started to pass out but she kept going till she hit paydirt then sent me off to the donuts.  I learned later if they miss they are supposed to stop right then and there.  Vampirella wanted her blood tho.
@oakman29

That's what she said.

18 minutes ago, kav said:

@oakman29

I cant have blood drawn . Yuck!

8 hours ago, Get Marwood & I said:

I know what you mean Bronze. My favourite covers personally are the almost ridiculously detailed ones. I write about those over in my Charlton thread, and there are quite a few great examples in the 1960-63 run. But I also like a big bold character image too. They can be quite striking - like this one:

1947554790_BillyTheKid30(Vol.1)September1961(6d).thumb.jpg.61cef19859cc81e1a6cc0004779e1a29.jpg

That cover just makes me want to buy it. 

Seeing the Billy The Kid #30 reminded me of this one.  A great close up and I can’t imagine any extra detail adding to the drama and tension here.  
4XLcKp5h.jpg?1

3 minutes ago, oakman29 said:

they got it down now new needles you dont feel jack ****

39 minutes ago, steveinthecity said:

Seeing the Billy The Kid #30 reminded me of this one.  A great close up and I can’t imagine any extra detail adding to the drama and tension here.  
4XLcKp5h.jpg?1

Amazing how ten artists can draw a face, and each one uniquely identifies the artist. I was reading an old Captain Marvel last night, and it was almost unmistakably the artist from Superman -- as Rick Jones looked like Superman (sure and sure enough it was Wayne Boring at Marvel!).

2 hours ago, kav said:
2 hours ago, oakman29 said:

they got it down now new needles you dont feel jack ****

Wow - not in my experience. About one out five times it feels like they nailed your arm to board with 5 inch nail.

One of the bloodsuckers told me it is the anti-coagulant that is sometimes left on the tip.

2 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

it feels like they nailed your arm to board with 5 inch nail.

that's what she said!

2 hours ago, Yes I Canada said:

Then why hasn't he been a famous artist for the past 25 years like Darick? Why hasn't he done 60+ issues with superstars like Warren Ellis, Garth Ennis, and Grant Morrison?

dreck
/drek/

noun
INFORMAL
noun: drek
  1. rubbish; trash.
    "that cover is pure dreck"

3 minutes ago, kav said:
6 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

it feels like they nailed your arm to board with 5 inch nail.

that's what she said!

That's a stretch.