• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comic 'lost and found' stories...
1 1

45 posts in this topic

24 minutes ago, kav said:

try the pendulum.  if you have glasses you can put a phone # on, do it.

If you are talking about the wireless finders, I thought about that, but I don't really like the idea of having an active bluetooth tranceiver next to my forehead and eyes all day.

1 minute ago, bronze_rules said:

If you are talking about the wireless finders, I thought about that, but I don't really like the idea of having an active bluetooth tranceiver next to my forehead and eyes all day.

no the pendulum method of finding lost object I mentioned that accesses the subconscious as far as phone # I meant like using an inscribing tool or something.

8 minutes ago, kav said:

no the pendulum method of finding lost object I mentioned that accesses the subconscious as far as phone # I meant like using an inscribing tool or something.

Ah. That sounds like thinking of putting the object in a glass of ice or something to recall memory. Problem, is I tend to lose things when someone or something pulls me away and distracts me. It's those moments that my ability to add that extra information is least likely to work. Thanks for the method though, I'll look it up.

edit* looked it up. Sounds like a Ouija board.:cry:

Edited by bronze_rules

5 minutes ago, bronze_rules said:

Ah. That sounds like thinking of putting the object in a glass of ice or something to recall memory. Problem, is I tend to lose things when someone or something pulls me away and distracts me. It's those moments that my ability to add that extra information is least likely to work. Thanks for the method though, I'll look it up.

edit* looked it up. Sounds like a Ouija board.:cry:

its similar but it works and there's nothing mystical about it-your subconscious knows exactly where your glasses are.
i have used it successfully to help friends find lost keys etc.  you hold pendulum and ask yourself is it in the living room etc.  up and down swing means yes, back and forth no.  then you start narrowing it down-is it in the left side of room?  sounds insane but it can work.  i blew my friend's mind when i quickly located her keys amid yard sale boxes and piles of stuff.

33 minutes ago, 1950's war comics said:

i tossed in a freebie when i first started selling on eBay five years ago ,, a comic from my childhood collection, i hated the cover and thought it was drek..

it was a DC Presents #26 in unread high grade....

Sounds like you're looking for the 'key comic I foolishly gave away' thread. That's two doors down, and I'm afraid there's a looong waitlist to get in. 

I was speaking in PMs with someone about House of Mystery, Strange Adventures and My Greatest Adventure, I couldnt remember the grade of my HOM #1 so looked it up only to find I didnt have it listed nor did I have a scan, I searched through invoices from Heritage, Clink etc, no joy. Finally I went through some of my boxes of slabs and couldnt find it there either, I swear I have had it for years, or have I ?

I did find 2 copies of My greatest Adventure #1, I remember some years ago when they were both on my wants list and I am starting to think I may have bought the same one twice, I am not convinced yet that I dont have it, but I have looked at books on my wants list so many times that at some point you think you have bought it when you havent, gonna keep looking but everything is a mess and its tough going.

Thats what you get when you have too many books, no real focus and collect everything.

1 hour ago, kav said:

That's wut yo momma said. 

Well I am in WTH mode... 

There is a thread that was posted about pulling things from a grab bag or lottery type distribution packout.  I was going to show off a card I had received... I went to where I keep my baseball cards and... well... uhhhh, "Where are the baseball cards?"

I narrowed it down to this thread when I asked questions about my Jordan rookie card.   I pulled my box of cards on July 8th.  I took a pic of the cards and after that, I have no idea what I did with the box.  So, what's missing?  Jordan Rookie, 1st couple of Jordan cards, PSA Jeter Rookies and other rookie cards.  Pack In signature cards like Yogi Berra... So... somewhere in the house stashed away is a box of PSA graded cards... sigh... 

About 6 months ago I scanned my low grade copy of Green Lantern #4. A few years ago I had traded a high grade bronze book for it. While searching for it I found my mis-placed copy of Eternals #1. Then a couple of weeks ago I went to pull out my copy of Atom #19. This books is in pretty nice shape around a 7.0 or 7.5. I was going to put it in  a PGM thread. Now here it is in I lost my book thread since it's still missing lol

My missing GL #4.

image.jpeg.f06a08ea83690d57e4a1fd85e2f55155.jpeg

2 minutes ago, frozentundraguy said:

About 6 months ago I scanned my low grade copy of Green Lantern #4. A few years ago I had traded a high grade bronze book for it. While searching for it I found my mis-placed copy of Eternals #1. Then a couple of weeks ago I went to pull out my copy of Atom #19. This books is in pretty nice shape around a 7.0 or 7.5. I was going to put it in  a PGM thread. Now here it is in I lost my book thread since it's still missing lol

My missing GL #4.

image.jpeg.f06a08ea83690d57e4a1fd85e2f55155.jpeg

Hope you find it  !!

and i missed it when it was in the "spare a grade" section so i see it as a CGC 0.5 lol 

For me it would be this damn book...

Is it a Horror book? It is a Crime book? Would it go with it's sister Chessler title in my misc GA boxes? It is a slightly oversize Canadian variant. I have misplaced it a couple of times. At the moment, I'm not really sure where it is. I should probably just sell it and be done with it but I like it too much...

comluckycoyne.jpg

On 1/3/2021 at 7:42 PM, Robot Man said:

For me it would be this damn book...

Is it a Horror book? It is a Crime book? Would it go with it's sister Chessler title in my misc GA boxes? It is a slightly oversize Canadian variant. I have misplaced it a couple of times. At the moment, I'm not really sure where it is. I should probably just sell it and be done with it but I like it too much...

comluckycoyne.jpg

Dibs

Good timing for this topic - I just experienced this recently.

In the fall of 1987 when I was away from home for my sophomore year of college my Mom and stepfather divorced, and my Mom moved from the house to a smaller apartment.  By the time I got home for Thanksgiving all of my possessions that hadn't gone to school with me were in boxes in a closet in the new apartment.  My Mom often threw things away that 'weren't important', so I assumed a lot of my stuff was just tossed.  Fortunately my comics were in about four long boxes that made the move.

Fast forward to a couple of years ago...  My grandmother passed away and my uncle was clearing out her home and found a few boxes with my name on them in her attic, and told me to come get them if I wanted them. I finally got around to going through them a month or so ago....  A couple of boxes of childhood toys, a box of high school papers and notebooks, etc.  The last box was full of magazines and folders, and I quickly figured out it was all of the stuff that had been in the desk in my bedroom when I left for school that September - a bunch of letters from new college friends I had received over the summer, and pretty much everything I had brought home after my freshman year.  My high school diploma and year book.  All nice stuff to get back after all these years.  At the bottom of the box was a stack of magazines - old Comics Journals, Mad, etc.  Stuck in in the middle of them was the copy of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #1 (3rd printing) I had bought at some point in high school.  It had never made it into my comics boxes because it was larger size, and was in a desk drawer with the other magazines.  I had vague memories of buying this way back when, but over the years (decades?!?) just figured Mom had tossed it or that I'd loaned it to someone.  It was a nice surprise to realize it was still around, and that it had survived all these years!

somewhere in the process of moving from Florida to Arizona back in 2014, I misplaced a box of my childhood stuff. Things like a Rubiks cube, weird magnets, and other toys and hand held games etc. I cannot figure out what happened to them and I suspect that someone possibly took the box or I maybe consolidated it into another collection of stuff. It should be sort of obvious if I ever find it -- the Rubik's cube being the key item that will make it stand out.

I did have a comic go missing but found it-- thanks to one of these types of threads. It turned out to be in the right box but somehow messed up in what order it should be sitting in.

I might be trying that same tactic to trigger a memory of this stuff.