• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anthony is throwing his own Mini Art Show jan 10th in NJ
1 1

18 posts in this topic

If you have not seen this yet- Anthony Snyder is having a small art show himself In NJ. it looks interesting so I figured I would share. He is having it in conjunction with the people who have Comic shows here which have been very well done during the pandemic so i do not have to many worries about safety. I will be going so I hope to see other collectors too! 

https://www.comicartfans.com/article.asp?NID=9168

45 minutes ago, hmendryk said:

You may not be worried about safety, but I certainly am. And I don't think I am alone. My understanding is that the last Comic Art Con in New Jersey had much lower attendance than usual. An indication that there are many that feel that it is just too risky.

It is not that I am not concerned with what is going on.. but what I am saying is that the comic shows JP runs and the NJ art con were both very well done from a safety stand point and as far as I know there were no issues. I was at the comic art con in NJ and the attendance seemed just about the same as it was pre pandemic.

10 hours ago, Unstoppablejayd said:

It is not that I am not concerned with what is going on.. but what I am saying is that the comic shows JP runs and the NJ art con were both very well done from a safety stand point and as far as I know there were no issues. I was at the comic art con in NJ and the attendance seemed just about the same as it was pre pandemic.

Agreed. My only real complaint was lack of interesting new material.

I can't speak about the book shows, but I did attend the last NJ art con. As others have said, it was well handled from a safety perspective. But attendance was definitely off. Given the current environment, who would expect it to be otherwise?

The show is literally a 10 minute drive for me, so I'm in. But I'm really hoping that more of my buddies from the city will be willing to make the trek.

Anyone know if Albert is showing?

3 minutes ago, DJRome said:

I can't speak about the book shows, but I did attend the last NJ art con. As others have said, it was well handled from a safety perspective. But attendance was definitely off. Given the current environment, who would expect it to be otherwise?

The show is literally a 10 minute drive for me, so I'm in. But I'm really hoping that more of my buddies from the city will be willing to make the trek.

Anyone know if Albert is showing?

It is possible it was less attended.. but I think it was difficult to read..as there was a line to get in from the time I go there until when I left. So I think it seemed like attendance was off because of controlled admission. 

13 minutes ago, jjonahjameson11 said:

Amazing!

both NY and NJ have a higher covid infection rate than Ontario, yet the entire Provincial population of 14.5mill is under a one month lockdown, and only essential services remain open.

Are you suggesting that comic art conventions are not providing an essential service? What do we kill next, Shake Shack? 

I’ve been to almost every Jersey art show held in the last 5 years. I didn’t notice any great slowdown in the last show. It was just different because you had limits on people being let in and they sold I think 2-4 less tables to allow greater spacing. I was able to buy a nice page and had a few good sales. It sucked not being able to hang out much with folks after, but overall it was a very good show.

I’ll be going to the first NJ this year, not sure about 2nd because of schedule. Hope to see photos from this.

19 hours ago, jjonahjameson11 said:

Amazing!

both NY and NJ have a higher covid infection rate than Ontario, yet the entire Provincial population of 14.5mill is under a one month lockdown, and only essential services remain open.

Uh .... that's why the rate in Ontario is so low ....You guys are trying to kill it by not leaving it room to grow.  We, on the other hand, are waiting for miracles.

Come on down to Tony’s neck a the woods but be safe everybody.😷 It’s gonna be a great show. We had a few cancellations it’s true. The following will not be in attendance.

Ralphie Cifarello

Christopher Multisanti

Phil Leotardo 

4C7D591C-B60E-42F7-8443-448B5AF6C977.jpeg.6a1eac0bd37033b71a30d544be527d25.jpeg

Edited by grapeape

2 hours ago, Unstoppablejayd said:

You going to be there Ape?

Man I’m in so cal so unfortunately no. But Anthony’s a great guy. I bought pieces from him as far back as 1998. So I hope everyone that goes is 😷 and enjoys a few hours escape.

And it would be cool to see any thing you guys pick up that you want to share!

🍇🦍

43 minutes ago, Will_K said:

Out of curiosity, is there a dealer / exhibitor list ??

below is from his website... there is also a comic show at the same place so there will be additional comic dealers

Anthony's comicbook art mini con this Sunday Jan 10 th
Okay art dealers and flipping collectors, now is the time! In cooperation with Jon Paul of the New Jersey Comic Book Cons and sponsored by Bill Cox of Comic Art Fans, on January 10th I’ll be putting on the first bi monthly, possibly monthly if it goes really well, ‘Anthony’s Comic Book Art: The Show!’ I've been wanting to do this way before the Comic Art Con even started, for the sole reason of doing more live in-person business which is something I truly love doing and is one of the things I’ve lamented most about the pandemic. Now feels like the time, especially because there aren’t any big shows to do. I’ve rented the room at the Baymont by Wyndham and have to map out the space for the number of tables, but we are starting the tables at $60 per six feet. I’ll be giving the pro dealers the space they need then I’ll make tables available to the Comic Art Fans premium members. Come see my entire inventory of original artwork there with art by all the top tier artists such as Art Adams, Neal Adams, John Buscema, Sal Buscema, John Romita Jr., Nick Cardy, and so on. Reilly Brown will also be doing commissions at the show, so prebook yours now. Mail order is available, you don't have to be attending the show to order one. Legendary Illustrations will be in attendance, with art handy for artists they represent: such as Ron Wilson, Tony Kordos, and Henry Martinez. They will also be brining two of their artists in person: Keith Williams and Larry Stroman. Scott Hanna and Sean Chen will be there as well. We will be streaming on CAF during the show, like I did last Sunday with Bill and remote guests / customers. I’ll be hosting with my beautiful wife Sharon and will include anyone who wants to be involved but if you don’t want to be on camera you don’t have to be, plain and simple. Please get back to me as soon as you can about booking tables, and Keep Calm & Keep Collecting! Thanks, AS LOCATION: Baymont by Wyndham || 140 Rt 23 North in Pompton Plains. (Just on the border of Wayne, NJ) You can watch our video announcement of the show here. You can reach me via email: anthony@anthonysnyder.com or by phone: 917-821-8893. YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/anthonyscomicbookart Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/anthonyscomicbookart Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/anthonyscomicbookart eBay store with 125,000 items: http://www.anthonys-collectibles.com Art site with tens of thousands of original pages in stock: http://www.anthonyscomicbookart.com/ BUYING - SELLING - TRADING