• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comics and Bitcoin
1 1

49 posts in this topic

13 minutes ago, whetteon said:

I own 0,1 Bitcoin!  I feel like a WHALE!

I guess I wonder if someone has already done the bitcoin exchange for a big ticket item. hm

It could potentially benefit you in terms of reduced transfer fees.  But we are also in the midst of a parabolic rise in  Bitcoin price, so if the price action cools off you could lose value in the short term.

2 hours ago, whetteon said:

I own 0,1 Bitcoin!  I feel like a WHALE!

I guess I wonder if someone has already done the bitcoin exchange for a big ticket item. hm

I did a hit in Dallas for bitcoin. Unfortunately, he was a little WHALE. I was able to buy two bloody marys the next morning, though.

Nobody has bought or even inquired about buying in Bitcoin. Use case for small transactions is pretty weak IMO. 

I do own some Bitcoin tho. Price rise is pretty ridiculous. Memes are pretty funny too. Money printer goes brrrrrrr. 

5 hours ago, ft88 said:

Nobody has bought or even inquired about buying in Bitcoin. Use case for small transactions is pretty weak IMO. 

I do own some Bitcoin tho. Price rise is pretty ridiculous. Memes are pretty funny too. Money printer goes brrrrrrr. 

Makes me appreciate gold more than ever

6 hours ago, ft88 said:

I know someone who bought into bitcoin very early and has at least 500 of them... he pays his rent with it and uses it whenever he can as he enjoys a simple lifestyle... just wants to go do what he wants to do and live as spartan as possible as in no car... but lives in an apartment.  For the past year, he pays his rent in bitcoin.   If he sees someone that uses bitcoin as a means of currency and it is something he wants he will use bitcoin no matter how small or big the transaction is...

Personally I do not really 'get' how it all works so I cannot answer too many questions. 

3 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

I know someone who bought into bitcoin very early and has at least 500 of them... he pays his rent with it and uses it whenever he can as he enjoys a simple lifestyle... just wants to go do what he wants to do and live as spartan as possible as in no car... but lives in an apartment.  For the past year, he pays his rent in bitcoin.   If he sees someone that uses bitcoin as a means of currency and it is something he wants he will use bitcoin no matter how small or big the transaction is...

Personally I do not really 'get' how it all works so I cannot answer too many questions. 

Atleast 500 means he is worth 15 mil now

3 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

I have a major in Finance, not that I know much on the subject, but my lasting impression of the whole U.S. financial system is that is faith-based.

That is my impression of bitcoin too - you just need enough 'believers' to make it work.

Of course, having the U.S. government behind and backing whatever fantasy helps quite a bit. :p

11 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

I have a major in Finance, not that I know much on the subject, but my lasting impression of the whole U.S. financial system is that is faith-based.

That is my impression of bitcoin too - you just need enough 'believers' to make it work.

Of course, having the U.S. government behind and backing whatever fantasy helps quite a bit. :p

Many in this person's age group are always moving on to the next bigger and better thing.  My initial doubt when it came to bitcoin was that this would be the case and they would move to the next cryptocurrency abandoning bitcoin or it would be a passing fad.  At $32,000+ per coin, I don't think this is a passing fad anymore. 

Edited by Buzzetta