• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comics and Bitcoin
1 1

49 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Buzzetta said:

Many in this person's age group are always moving on to the next bigger and better thing.  My initial doubt when it came to bitcoin was that this would be the case and they would move to the next cryptocurrency abandoning bitcoin or it would be a passing fad.  At $32,000+ per coin, I don't think this is a passing fad anymore. 

Agreed.  Crazy times

14 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

I have a major in Finance, not that I know much on the subject, but my lasting impression of the whole U.S. financial system is that is faith-based.

That is my impression of bitcoin too - you just need enough 'believers' to make it work.

Of course, having the U.S. government behind and backing whatever fantasy helps quite a bit. :p

Ultimately, what makes anything a currency other than faith?  

10 hours ago, ft88 said:

Nobody has bought or even inquired about buying in Bitcoin. Use case for small transactions is pretty weak IMO. 

I do own some Bitcoin tho. Price rise is pretty ridiculous. Memes are pretty funny too. Money printer goes brrrrrrr. 

I thought those memes were about Jerome powell and the Fed reserve keeping the economy afloat

21 minutes ago, mattn792 said:

A gold/silver backing is the only thing that comes immediately to mind...., hm

24 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

Many in this person's age group are always moving on to the next bigger and better thing.  My initial doubt when it came to bitcoin was that this would be the case and they would move to the next cryptocurrency abandoning bitcoin or it would be a passing fad.  At $32,000+ per coin, I don't think this is a passing fad anymore. 

Bitcoin is a lot like PayPal - it was first to the party in an industry that is becoming increasingly congested, so it has name recognition and early buy in.   Will that keep it on top of the crypto heap in the long run (assuming there is a heap)?  Beats me.

1 minute ago, lizards2 said:

These days sure, but even looking back, there was a starting point in history where Gold and Silver required the faith of a group of people to become an accepted currency.

1 hour ago, mattn792 said:

1 hour ago, lizards2 said:

Nothing... just people's trust in the system.  The US dollar has been decoupled from gold from a long time now.  

6 minutes ago, Comics4All said:

I can't believe no one has mentioned BitcoinSwami about this?

He will trade you Oodles of Bitcoin for 9.2's of Carnage APPERENCES  all day! 

lol

I’ll ship him my signature series set for free in exchange for one bitcoin :bigsmile:

4 hours ago, lizards2 said:

At least if you own gold/silver, and the value crashes, you can melt it down, and make a weapon out of it
(or tools, or jewelry, or doorknobs or toilet fixtures whatever).   'Crypto' Currency crashes you got.......

We live in a fast pace when it comes to the transformation of our finance standards. I wish I had the money to buy a full Bitcoin as I am seeing another great move higher coming soon. I have a bitcoin wallet and for sure I would love to be able to use it for almost anything in the future. I've bought bitcoin when it was around 13 K last year, and I'm not going to sell it until it hits 100 K. What I'm doing instead is trading the fast ups and downs. I love to scalp bitcoin on https://bitscalp.io/ and I have found the most profitable terminal to get my signals from. It's not as easy as it seems to get these moves as they happen fast and you need to enter right.

Edited by EvaShinQ

On 1/3/2021 at 1:55 PM, mattn792 said:
On 1/3/2021 at 1:29 PM, Buzzetta said:

Expand  

Bitcoin is a lot like PayPal - it was first to the party in an industry that is becoming increasingly congested, so it has name recognition and early buy in.   Will that keep it on top of the crypto heap in the long run (assuming there is a heap)?  Beats me.

Bitcoin was already over $61,000+ in March and $63,000+ April 13... Currently it is at $54,000+ 

Also PayPal will now let you purchase Bitcoin and a couple other cryptos.

Edited by onlyweaknesskryptonite
Crazy Crypto...

I once read that 50 Cent (the rapper) had allowed people to buy one of his past albums with Bitcoin as a joke/fad. He forgot about it for years, then opened his Bitcoin account recently and realized he had like 10 Million in Bitcoin from a few album sales. 

20 hours ago, EvaShinQ said:

We live in a fast pace when it comes to the transformation of our finance standards. I wish I had the money to buy a full Bitcoin as I am seeing another great move higher coming soon.

Something interesting to note...

The maximum supply of bitcoin is 21,000,000 of them... ever.  It will be the year 2140 before all 21,000,000 are in circulation, but let's say they were all availble now.

The world population is 7.86 billion people. https://www.worldometers.info/world-population/

Bitcoin is supposed to be a global cryptocurrency, so theoretically, everyone in the world could (someday) own bitcoin.

If all 7.86 billion people shared the 21,000,000 bitcoins equally, each person would only have 0.0026 bitcoins.

If you wanted to be one of the "Top 1%" bitcoin holders in the world (assuming the whole world is the denominator), you'd divide 21,000,000 by 78,600,000 (because 78,600,000 people would be the "Top 1%").  That's 0.26 bitcoin.

In other words, you, your children, and your children's children's children can be in the Top 1% worldwide for bitcoin if you'll buy 0.26 bitcoin and hold it for generations.

Today, 0.26 will cost you $14,300.