• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CLOSED! JUNK SALE! Can't do shows so I might as well post 'em here!
10 10

324 posts in this topic

Hey Bobert!

Sorry I missed out :cry: I did some record retail therapy yesterday all my mad money is gone :cry::((at least I helped out a local friend who's shop closed after 26 years,does pop up shops now)

Love the Canuck atlas and I see it's coming to Canada!

Those penny books are super cool.

And I saw your very kind post thank you and Happier New Year my fiend!

Edited by porcupine48

Howdy 'Lil Buddy!

House arrest is getting old. Normally, this would be a big selling month for me. Got a lot of junk piled up so figured why not. Don't really have to do this but it keeps me busy.

Totally crazy in LA right now. People just can't seem to do the right thing. Now we got maskless protestors storming stores, Kick Cameron and his crazy Christmas carolers and stupid folks who think this is a sham. Hospitals are full. People being treated in parking lots. Most people I know have some one who has tested positive, in the hospital or dead. It is grim here. I am buttoned down!

My local vinyl shop and two comic book stores got hit hard in the demonstrations on May 31. But are still hanging in. I just can't get out to support them.

Hopefully, if "they" get their sheet together, I will have a needle in my arm soon. Happy New Year to you mi amigo. There is a light...

@porcupine48

Edited by Robot Man

Normally Lil Buddy would make me bristle coz it'd be demeaning but coming from you Robot it's a warm, I feel cared for feeling.Real proud to call a cool hombre like you my chum.

Ardens boss and his brother have received the vaccine(not sure what one)so at least they're rolling them out right?

I've a few friends in Montreal with the 'rona but all young healthy folk,fingers crossed.

There is a light friend and may it shine on us all sooner than later!It's been a good time to read comic books too,so silver lining!

Comic and record shops hit by rioting?Sigh,such places of peace.

That is rougher than rough. I heard they're calling in the army engineer corps to try and stabilize and fix the oxygen supplies for all the overloaded hospitals in LA. I don't think you could ever get the vast majority of the "unwashed masses" to do anything that would be deemed remotely selfless, and that's probably the world's biggest tragedy. I'm hoping against all odds things will turn around soon and all of us will be able to get back to some kind of new normal. 

Sorry to derail a sales thread just bored and thought I'd chime in. Wish I had a bigger stimulus check because I'd be your Huckleberry for that Venus #2, but it sure is nice to drool over (thumbsu

18 hours ago, Robot Man said:

Haunted #1 Sept 1971 Charlton Pubs

Still one more beautiful un-read Charlton. A couple tiny spine bends and a tiny indentation in back cover. Otherwise, no tears, creases, splits or stains. Very smooth, tight spine with tight, shiny staples. White interior pages.

$65.

haunted1.jpg

haunted2.jpg

:takeit:

OK, hold on to your hats, it's Showtime!

Adventures into Weird Worlds #26 Feb 1954 Atlas Pubs

Awsome Joe Maneely “melting” cover. Wild Robot story.

A real nice, solid, clean copy. Light spine fading and wear. Slight corner wear. Tiny piece of tape on both staples. No splits, tears or creases. Book and centerfold bound tight to covers. Supple, off white interior pages.

WAS $120.   NOW $100.

advsweirdworlds26a.jpg

advsweirdworlds26b.jpg

advsweirdworlds26c.jpg

advsweirdworlds26d.jpg

advsweirdworlds26e.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

All True Crime #30 Nov 1948 Marvel Pubs

Big, fat issue full of violence. Wertham would love this stuff

Solid copy will well bound centerfold and cover. No pieces missing and displays well. Just general light wear. Has some all over wear on edges. A few small tears, creases and wrinkles. Upper back cover has a very light waterstain. Interior pages are slightly yellowed with no damage.

WAS $30.   NOW $25.

alltruecrime1.jpg

alltruecrime2.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

Male Call 1945 Hardcover book by Milton Caniff Simon & Shuster Pubs

112 daily strips with WWII content and GGA

Tight, solid, clean copy. Well bound and square. Clean interior pages. No marks or stains.

WAS $35.   NOW $25.

malecall1.jpg

malecall2.jpg

malecall3.jpg

malecall4.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

SOLD!

Uncle Scrooge Four Color #386 (#1) 1952 Dell Pubs

Classic first issue by Carl Barks

Complete, clean, solid and complete. Has a small spine roll. Numerous small wrinkles and small creases. A few tiny edge tears. Book and centerfold still bound well to covers. Yellowed but supple interior pages.

$150

unclescrooge1a.jpg

unclescrooge1b.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

War Heroes #8 April 1953 Ace Pubs

Scarcer short run war title. Lots of raw action and violence.

Flat, very glossy and bright with no tears or creases. Book is very neatly detached from cover. Tiny chip out at top of cover and top right corner. Centerfold well attached. Nice, off white interior paper.

WAS $35.   NOW $30.

warheroes1.jpg

warheroes2.jpg

Edited by Robot Man