• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CLOSED! JUNK SALE! Can't do shows so I might as well post 'em here!
10 10

324 posts in this topic

Just now, Robot Man said:

Good luck with that. You'd have to battle the mighty dentist. Better men than you and I have tried and failed...

I figure for my 2nd Mile High acquisition, I might as well get the toughy knocked out next.

1 minute ago, Jayman said:

Deal of the night! Congrats! :headbang:

Well, it is Bob Colt #2 after all...:roflmao: I got it cheap and thought I would just pass it on. My first Church books were bought directly from Chuckles at the first show he brought them to. Got a nice pile. Can't even describe how special they are.

Just now, Robot Man said:

Well, it is Bob Colt #2 after all...:roflmao: I got it cheap and thought I would just pass it on. My first Church books were bought directly from Chuckles at the first show he brought them to. Got a nice pile. Can't even describe how special they are.

Wow.  Books to be cherished no matter the subject matter.  

Did you get the Bob Colt early or was it later on?

29 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Soap Opera Romances #1 July 1982 Charlton Pubs

Scarce Charlton romance book with nurse cover.

Again, one of those tough to find high grade Charlton rarities. Listed as a low print run in Overstreet.

Flat, bright, very glossy. No tears or creases. Sharp corners. Tightly bound copy with super white pages. Has a very tiny bend at very bottom of spine and a very small bend on spine on back cover. Looks un-read…

$50.

soapopera1.jpg

soapopera2.jpg

:takeit:

13 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

A Church is Church! Very nice of you to pass it on at a more than fair price!

Great deal as I said but I’m over the moon with that Looney Tunes war bond book! Tiny CTs or not, that is a beauty of a book that shouldn’t be in a thread with the word “Junk” in it! lol

Edited by Jayman

3 minutes ago, Jayman said:

A Church is Church! Very nice of you to pass it on at a more than fair price!

Great deal as I said but I’m over the moon with that Looney Tunes war bond book! Tiny CTs or not, that is a beauty of a book that shouldn’t be in a thread with the word “Junk” in it! lol

It is a real nice copy and a cool book. The way I look at it is that all this stuff is junk people probably just dumped. Only the true collectors like us know the difference...

16 minutes ago, Jayman said:

Great stuff RM! Such a varied selection that I can’t even expect what will pop up next! :golfclap:

Thanks Jayman. I try hard to put up a little of everything. The kind of stuff I like to see in a thread and "used to" haunt con boxes for. This is the type of stuff I have in my own boxes when I do shows. Most people are too lazy to look through.

2 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Thanks Jayman. I try hard to put up a little of everything. The kind of stuff I like to see in a thread and "used to" haunt con boxes for. This is the type of stuff I have in my own boxes when I do shows. Most people are too lazy to look through.

Funny, when I posted that reply I was thinking that this is probably the next best thing to walking up to your table at a show. Would love to do that one day in person! 

46 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

@mlansdown

Rang-A-Tang The Wonder Dog 1939 MLJ Club Button

1-1/4” 2 color celluloid pinback button. Was a mail away premium in Blue Ribbon Comics. Exceedingly rare item. The first club pin offered by MLJ. The Shield Club being the second.

Excellent condition with full, bright color and original pin in back. No chips, splits or foxing. Back is slightly oxidized as most pins of this era usually are. Be the hit of the next comic con you attend when we are able to be back digging through long boxes!

Had this on once before. Thought I’d give it another try with a slightly lower price.

$300.

Nice pin and very tough to find!  But I've already got one... :(

16 hours ago, Robot Man said:

Margie #36 June 1947 Timely Pubs

Iconic and classic issue featuring Stan Lee pictured through entire story. Margie shows up at Timely Comics to protest her appearance in her own comic. Stan tries to calm her down and takes the teen age girl to a nightclub where the fun starts.

A nice, bright complete copy. Small stain in “R” in title. Centerfold is very neatly detached with no tears or wrinkles. Sold and no tears or creases. Slightly yellowed interior pages.

$150.

margie1.jpg

:takeit: per PM

16 hours ago, Robot Man said:

DROOL

On 1/3/2021 at 3:48 PM, Robot Man said:

Outer Space 1953 Richfield Oil Giveaway Comic

16 pages on newsprint. Fun facts about space. Un-listed in Guide.

Looks like an un-read copy. Two small initials at top and a small name stamp on helmet.

$35.

outerspace1.jpg

outerspace2.jpg

On 1/5/2021 at 5:03 PM, Robot Man said:

Uncle Scrooge Four Color #386 (#1) 1952 Dell Pubs

Classic first issue by Carl Barks

Complete, clean, solid and complete. Has a small spine roll. Numerous small wrinkles and small creases. A few tiny edge tears. Book and centerfold still bound well to covers. Yellowed but supple interior pages.

$150

unclescrooge1a.jpg

unclescrooge1b.jpg

19 hours ago, Robot Man said:

Casey Crime Photographer #2 Oct 1949 Marvel Pubs

Classic Gun toting Clown cover! One of my favorite crime books.

A real nice copy. Has a nice date stamp on back cover for those who like them. Completely, flat, bright and clean. No tears, creases or missing pieces. Spine is smooth. Book and centerfold bound tight to covers. Very nice interior pages. Just the most minor wear.

$125

caseyphotographer1.jpg

caseyphotographer2.jpg

Take all 3 per PM. Thanks