• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Trimmed on all four sides?
2 2

63 posts in this topic

Lol probably just a brain fart comment.

That being said I am kinda amazed at how high the bidding seems to be going on that book. It appears quite trimmed plus some major colour touch along spine. Assuming it sells for $200-250US personally I would rather spend the extra hundred or so to get a decent raw but I guess there are all kinds in this hobby.

22 minutes ago, davidtere said:

It could be trimmed on all fours sides...if...

you open the cover to the centerfold and lay it centerfold down. Then it could be trimmed at the top, the bottom, left and the right side.

That's an interesting and enlightening perspective. 

What I find troublesome is not the poorly worded notion of 4 sides being trimmed, but the furthering of the mistaken assumption that one can determine whether a book has been trimmed by measuring top to bottom, side to side; that books rolled off the presses in an exact vertical and horizontal dimension.

Whoops! I didn't look to see who the seller was. lol I guess I've made the list again.

Edited by Dick Pontoon

4 minutes ago, James J Johnson said:

I didn't know those little guys were capable of such delicate work! :whatthe:

it was actually quite amazing-they chewed evenly all around and left a 1/2" border around all the panels.  Kudos!
There was also a stack of magazines they went after-when I picked it up it was a hollow shell held together by termite glue.
@oakman29 can confirm how dastardly these little fellows operate-they will chew right to just under the surface so you dont even know theyre there.  Then you go to lean against wall and bingo-find yourself on the other side of the wall.

Edited by kav

I think it was just an honest mistake or a slip as he meant to say three sides but looking at the book it clearly has four sides. 

I am just happy we have a @Calamerica thread... I know that eBay handle... anywhere. 

2021 is already looking up. 

28 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

I think it was just an honest mistake or a slip as he meant to say three sides but looking at the book it clearly has four sides. 

I am just happy we have a @Calamerica thread... I know that eBay handle... anywhere. 

2021 is already looking up. 

Good Ol' Cal.

When will he be back again? Who will he threaten again? When and how will he melt down again? Who will be on the new list? When will he be gone again?