• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

First Appearances According to CGC

78 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, valiantman said:

Speaking of which...

THE_BEYONDER

How is that guy hitting his head?  It looks like the corner of a building that he's inside, but somehow visible.  If it's a pole, it has two shadows. If it's a wall, then what is the line he's standing on? Where are the bricks?  Does his shoe have a wheel?

I feel like that guy in the avatar trying to figure out what's going on with that guy in the avatar.

:kidaround:

A845BB2C-5A95-4135-998E-017B1E6D00D2.gif

1 minute ago, THE_BEYONDER said:
6 minutes ago, valiantman said:

Speaking of which...

THE_BEYONDER

How is that guy hitting his head?  It looks like the corner of a building that he's inside, but somehow visible.  If it's a pole, it has two shadows. If it's a wall, then what is the line he's standing on? Where are the bricks?  Does his shoe have a wheel?

I feel like that guy in the avatar trying to figure out what's going on with that guy in the avatar.

:kidaround:

Expand  

A845BB2C-5A95-4135-998E-017B1E6D00D2.gif

So... shoe wheels?  Yes? No? hm

P.S. Paperman was cool... and he's banging his head because of his own failure. :grin:

4 minutes ago, Angel of Death said:

I'm not sure, which is why I was asking, because I thought that Venom was the name of the symbiote.

Is Carnage only Carnage if he achieves symbiosis with Cletus?

Didn't the Carnage symbiote join with Norman Osborn to become the Red Goblin somewhat recently? Wasn't that briefly a hot thing?

23 minutes ago, Angel of Death said:

I'm not sure, which is why I was asking, because I thought that Venom was the name of the symbiote.

Is Carnage only Carnage if he achieves symbiosis with Cletus?

I can't exactly recall, but I think he first introduces himself with, "We are Venom."

I always considered the combination of the two making the individual known as Venom. The suit changed with the bonding just as Brock did (albeit Brock's change was a bit more dramatic).

8 hours ago, MR SigS said:

I can't exactly recall, but I think he first introduces himself with, "We are Venom."

I always considered the combination of the two making the individual known as Venom. The suit changed with the bonding just as Brock did (albeit Brock's change was a bit more dramatic).

This could easily be the way all symbiotes refer to themselves when bonded with a host. It doesn't necessarily mean the identity is lost when the host is removed. Theoretically. 

14 hours ago, Lazyboy said:

Didn't the Carnage symbiote join with Norman Osborn to become the Red Goblin somewhat recently? Wasn't that briefly a hot thing?

That sounds familiar. I wasn't aware that it was the same symbiote that creates "Carnage".

I guess I don't know jack-s^&* about the symbiotes.

Edited by Angel of Death

31 minutes ago, Angel of Death said:

That sounds familiar. I wasn't aware that it was the same symbiote that creates "Carnage".

I guess I don't know jack-s^&* about the symbiotes.

He also used his formula for that if I recall correctly, so it was modified symbiote, not raw "virgin" symbiote.

2 minutes ago, Sferg said:

He also used his formula for that if I recall correctly, so it was modified symbiote, not raw "virgin" symbiote.

Well, I mean, Spider-Man wasn't Venom when he had the "Venom" symbiote. So, it would make sense that Green Goblin isn't Carnage with the "Carnage" symbiote.

I think that this argument makes more sense that the symbiotes, themselves, have names. Right?

13 minutes ago, Angel of Death said:

Well, I mean, Spider-Man wasn't Venom when he had the "Venom" symbiote. So, it would make sense that Green Goblin isn't Carnage with the "Carnage" symbiote.

I think that this argument makes more sense that the symbiotes, themselves, have names. Right?

Peter did have conflict with the suit trying to push him to do things he didnt want to. One could view this as the suit trying to impose his will on Peter to "make" him Venom. Peter was able to resist, therefore he didn't "become" Venom. Eddie offered no such resistance as they were joined in their mutual hatred of Peter, so he pretty much immediately "became" Venom.

Look at it from another view: Eddie could never, in any theory, be Venom without the symbiote.

The symbiote could theoretically be Venom without Eddie.

Edited by Sferg
Fixed english

On 1/12/2021 at 9:19 AM, Mikey C said:

Venom's hands show up in #298 as a cameo. Have you seen the final page of #299? Obviously we're not going to agree but it's a full reveal of the character, IMO a 1st full. The image from the last page of #299 has been used on posters, towels, t-shrits, recent variant covers for Cate's run. Super iconic. So far from just a cameo.

#300 is Venom's first full story and obviously the market has landed on this book as his most important.

*t-shirts