• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

grading
1 1

9 posts in this topic

I have a book with a missing ad page, doesn't affect story and it was given a .5 grade by CGC. Otherwise it is about a VG. I noticed a book on ebay also graded by CGC a 4.0 with a missing centerfold, doens't affect story. What is the difference? I don't get it.

What condition is the rest of the comic?  If the book is low grade to begin with, the missing piece could be factored into the overall grade. If the rest of the book is in decent shape with no major defects, the missing page could also result in a Qualified grade. It would definitely help to see the book in question.

7 hours ago, Mctavish said:

Well, my question was both books are approx VG's, why would one with a missing centerfold get a universal 4.0? I've got books with similar defects and either they are .5 universal or get a qualified green label.

Sounds like it could be a technical error...  :gossip:

On 1/4/2021 at 6:50 PM, Mctavish said:

I have a book with a missing ad page, doesn't affect story and it was given a .5 grade by CGC. Otherwise it is about a VG. I noticed a book on ebay also graded by CGC a 4.0 with a missing centerfold, doens't affect story. What is the difference? I don't get it.

Welcome, oh seeker of knowledge! 

welcome.gif

2 hours ago, Meecrab said:

Yeah, I want to look up the Cert # on that one and see if it says "Qualified".

The label should reflect that as well. Generally there will be a note written on the label in capitals describing the missing centerfold that says something like this:  CENTERFOLD MISSING, DOES NOT AFFECT STORY. INCOMPLETE. The book should also have a green Qualified label instead of a blue Universal label.

And If the book only has a DETACHED centerfold, it could still receive a Universal 4.0...