• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Feeling mistreated by CGC process

24 posts in this topic

It was my first time grading 10 comicbooks, the website isn’t the easiest to use for being such a big company in my personal opinion. We all went though a pandemic all around the world and before any announcement of any delays, I’ve decided to pay for the cheapest membership at $25.00 just to try the process and save some money. The website indicated that it would take approximately 60 days for the entire process. I thought it’s a bit lengthy in time but still worth the value in money saved. I set up my package and had the package sent into cgc in July of 2020. So October passes and then November and finally in December someone from CGC finally calls me and let’s me know I needed to pay for the presses at CCS. I was confused because I thought I paid the entire thing right from the start, which amounted to about 500 or so in price. When the activation of my account occurred, I really thought I took care of everything right then and there. Anyways long story short, the billing person in control was this lady who I won’t mention their name was getting frustrated and even angry with my lack of knowledge about what’s going on. She passes the phone to several other people where I finally reached another girl who felt remorse snd bad for my situation. Anyways, she gives me steps on getting my raw books back by emailing her cgc email. So I comply and today, they finally get the leftover amount I owed without addressing my email and messages, I’ve left on their phone. I’m sort of happy because I just wanted my books to move through the process but it is now like half a year it took to process, can anyone give me a reason why any private collector would use this service? I also had Clayton Crain signing in August and they had already warned us that it could take up to 5 months for pressing and grading so I ended up changing my mind on several press jobs, well I got those books in October and November. I get that the company is backed up, but this is clearly unfair that bigger clients accounts get addressed right away compared to a half year battle from a newbie grader. I respect the company and it’s meaning in the comicbook world, but I will never use this service again. I rather just pay double to triple the price on the online comicbook stores, than wait this long and be treated like someone who’s only spent a few dollars, has anyone else felt like they don’t matter like I’m feeling? 

I think this is ridiculous that I need my story to be cleared by a moderator, because of how honest I’m being. I haven’t used any vulgar languages nor have I made any false claims. I am just a little voice and coming from a company as big as yours, the buyers should have the freedom to address their frustrations and poor customer service experience. 

Your post wasn't delayed because of the content.  Every new member's "first" post on this board has to get approved before it appears.  Happened to me too.  

As far as your complaints.  I haven't sent any books to CGC yet, but I am aware of several threads in which people have complained about delays in their books getting graded or shipped and what they feel is poor customer service.  So, I don't think the situation is unique to you or even to people with small orders, and no one on this board that I have seen is trying to quash people from complaining.

Yea, I, too, had to wait for my first post to be approved. It's just a thing they do for security purposes I think.

I just sent my first batch of 18 comics in a month or so ago and they haven't moved beyond received as of yet so I can't really tell you how I feel about the process. It does seem like the turnaround times keep getting larger instead of smaller. I think when I first signed up they were at 60'ish days. Now they are at 80'ish. So we'll see how it goes. Sucks you had a bad experience. Nothing personal but I hope it was just a strange one-off  :)

Edited by xvipah
Typo

2 minutes ago, Yes I Canada said:

Be accurate or be corrected (shrug) Plus I have a feeling the OP doesn't know this so he can thank me later.

You are absolutely correct!

So let me correct you so you can be accurate...  WORKING days..  ;)

12 hours ago, Chuck nasty said:

It was my first time grading 10 comicbooks, the website isn’t the easiest to use for being such a big company in my personal opinion. We all went though a pandemic all around the world and before any announcement of any delays, I’ve decided to pay for the cheapest membership at $25.00 just to try the process and save some money. The website indicated that it would take approximately 60 days for the entire process. I thought it’s a bit lengthy in time but still worth the value in money saved. I set up my package and had the package sent into cgc in July of 2020. So October passes and then November and finally in December someone from CGC finally calls me and let’s me know I needed to pay for the presses at CCS. I was confused because I thought I paid the entire thing right from the start, which amounted to about 500 or so in price. When the activation of my account occurred, I really thought I took care of everything right then and there. Anyways long story short, the billing person in control was this lady who I won’t mention their name was getting frustrated and even angry with my lack of knowledge about what’s going on. She passes the phone to several other people where I finally reached another girl who felt remorse snd bad for my situation. Anyways, she gives me steps on getting my raw books back by emailing her cgc email. So I comply and today, they finally get the leftover amount I owed without addressing my email and messages, I’ve left on their phone. I’m sort of happy because I just wanted my books to move through the process but it is now like half a year it took to process, can anyone give me a reason why any private collector would use this service? I also had Clayton Crain signing in August and they had already warned us that it could take up to 5 months for pressing and grading so I ended up changing my mind on several press jobs, well I got those books in October and November. I get that the company is backed up, but this is clearly unfair that bigger clients accounts get addressed right away compared to a half year battle from a newbie grader. I respect the company and it’s meaning in the comicbook world, but I will never use this service again. I rather just pay double to triple the price on the online comicbook stores, than wait this long and be treated like someone who’s only spent a few dollars, has anyone else felt like they don’t matter like I’m feeling? 

wot

12 hours ago, xvipah said:
12 hours ago, Yes I Canada said:

BUSINESS days.

Ok... Thank you for being here to repost the obvious for us newbies. Not sure what we'd do without you.

Don't let post count fool you, your account is older than his by 3 weeks, so he's more of a newbie than you are.  :wink:

Edited by ExNihilo

23 hours ago, Chuck nasty said:

I'm very sorry this happened to you. But if you used CCS, it will definitely take much longer just for their service. Covid has changed things dramatically this year---it's unprecedented. Welcome to the new normal...