• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Signature series/pressing order

5 posts in this topic

Hey guys,

Wishing you all a Happy New Year !

Newbie question :

I have sent a book for sigs series, pressing and grading to CGC/CCS and I was wondering what was the order process ?

Does the comics are first signed then pressed ? If so, is there any risk to press a comic with ink on it ?

However, if pressing happens before the sigs, I was afraid that CGC will not have time to proceed with them as CCS pressing turnaround time is currently 80 days and that the sigs I want will end mid-february...

Anyway, thank you for your help guys !

correct, the book gets signed first and then pressed (followed by grading and encapsulation)

are there risks? yes, there are risks for everything but given that CGC/CCS have been doing this for some time I would gather they are confident in their ability to press without issues of the added ink

good luck with your submissions, the SS is a nice service they are running while conventions aren't happening and I look forward to some new announcements and some return signers I missed as Brittany previously had said, most of the talent that did a signing with them before had committed to returning for a follow up event

Edited by StillOnly25Cents

7 hours ago, Jeremysitb said:

Hey guys,

Wishing you all a Happy New Year !

Newbie question :

I have sent a book for sigs series, pressing and grading to CGC/CCS and I was wondering what was the order process ?

Does the comics are first signed then pressed ? If so, is there any risk to press a comic with ink on it ?

However, if pressing happens before the sigs, I was afraid that CGC will not have time to proceed with them as CCS pressing turnaround time is currently 80 days and that the sigs I want will end mid-february...

Anyway, thank you for your help guys !

Sign -> Press -> Grade

There are certain risks, but I sincerely doubt that CGC is using 'risky' ink during these signings.

5 hours ago, StillOnly25Cents said:

correct, the book gets signed first and then pressed (followed by grading and encapsulation)

are there risks? yes, there are risks for everything but given that CGC/CCS have been doing this for some time I would gather they are confident in their ability to press without issues of the added ink

good luck with your submissions, the SS is a nice service they are running while conventions aren't happening and I look forward to some new announcements and some return signers I missed as Brittany previously had said, most of the talent that did a signing with them before had committed to returning for a follow up event

Thank you for your answer!

yes it’s my first sigs submission and I am looking forward for more.