• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's the most horrible comic you've had to buy in order to complete a set?
4 4

107 posts in this topic

Just now, Jasonmorris1000000 said:

What happens in this issue?  Does Mopee come in a rewrite Peter Parker's origin?

Don't know. Couldn't get past cover.

Spoiler

I'm an Incredible Hulk collector and have every issue in the Legacy numbering except for #180 and 181.  I better start saving up for them soon before they become unattainable.  The ridiculous thing is if you added up the prices of the hundreds of awful Hulk comics I've bought over the years, I could easily have gotten the Wolverines.  I would have had less entertainment though.  Well this is my tribute to my least favorite Hulk covers of the decades.  I hope you enjoy laughing at me for buying and reading them.  (I can't believe I've just turned into a Hulk hater internet troll.  Yuk)

1960's:  Tales to Astonish #89  Don't get me wrong.  I love 99% of Gil Kane's stuff, just not this one.  The Hulk looks like he's pooping his pants.

1970's:  Rampaging Hulk #5  Namor looks cool, but I'm not digging the razor sharp Hulk teeth.  

1980's:  Incredible Hulk vol. 1 #320  I've always hated Al Milgrom's artwork.  Sorry if I offended anyone there.

1990's: Incredible Hulk vol. 1 #435  There's so many to choose from

2000's:  Incredible Hulk vol. 2 #30 Yuk

2010's:  Incredible Hulk vol. 1 #703 I liked Pak's Planet Hulk and that was about it

Tales to Astonish #089.jpg

ao Rampaging Hulk vol. 1 #05 - Copy.jpg

1 Incredible Hulk #320.jpg

1 Incredible Hulk #435.jpg

1 Incredible Hulk #504.jpg

1 Incredible Hulk #703.jpg

1 hour ago, Jasonmorris1000000 said:

This thread is for all you OCD comic collectors out there that have to have every issue ever published of a run, no matter how bad it is.  Case in point.  I love some of the the Golden Age Venus comics published by Atlas in the late 40's and 50's.  I now have 11 of the 19 issues in the run, most of which are the horror ones.  It's a strange series that actually started as a romance title and I only have one issue with that format.  I'm not a huge Atom age romance fan, but I feel compelled to buy them.  There's a CGC member named "zzutak" who has a complete Venus set in the registry which is awesome but I have to say, the prospect of spending $300+ for a beat up copy of this issue frightens me.

1.jpg

I had #1, and the 9 -19. Never felt I had to have the full run.

"Hulk like Jason Morris Million. Jason Morris Million is cool. Makes funny bad Hulk cover threads. But If Jason Morris Million should list out his favourite funny bad Hulk covers, and neglect to include these two favourite duffers of Hulk, then Hulk will SMASH!"  Hulk.gif.45dc4716ac6b73ed3056121624dc9d1b.gif

c.thumb.jpg.56769e4b5387788ba57d8f524c7b33cf.jpg mcpw61.thumb.jpg.fe6a572220864c5fec428227936ca5bd.jpg 

Hahhahhhhahhhh!  I own those too, sadly enough.  I can't draw to save my life and I don't have a creative bone in my body, but it never stops me from dissing Rob Liefield.

10 minutes ago, Get Marwood & I said:

"Hulk like Jason Morris Million. Jason Morris Million is cool. Makes funny bad Hulk cover threads. But If Jason Morris Million should list out his favourite funny bad Hulk covers, and neglect to include these two, then Hulk will SMASH!"  Hulk.gif.45dc4716ac6b73ed3056121624dc9d1b.gif

c.thumb.jpg.56769e4b5387788ba57d8f524c7b33cf.jpg mcpw61.thumb.jpg.fe6a572220864c5fec428227936ca5bd.jpg 

Marvel Comics Presents #60.jpg

Marvel Comics Presents #61.jpg

2 hours ago, Jasonmorris1000000 said:

This thread is for all you OCD comic collectors out there that have to have every issue ever published of a run, no matter how bad it is.  Case in point.  I love some of the the Golden Age Venus comics published by Atlas in the late 40's and 50's.  I now have 11 of the 19 issues in the run, most of which are the horror ones.  It's a strange series that actually started as a romance title and I only have one issue with that format.  I'm not a huge Atom age romance fan, but I feel compelled to buy them.  There's a CGC member named "zzutak" who has a complete Venus set in the registry which is awesome but I have to say, the prospect of spending $300+ for a beat up copy of this issue frightens me.

1.jpg

I can think of worse covers being compelled to buy... :cloud9:

Swamp Thing turns 50 this year.  Let's celebrate with some high grade lowlights.

1970's:  See above

1980's:  Swamp Thing vol. 2 #2  Gotta love the rubber costume

1990's:  Swamp Thing vol. 2 #116  I can't stand the Nancy Collins run (although she didn't write this one).  I was so glad when Mark Millar took over as the writer.

2000's:  Swamp Thing vol. 3 #11  Again, it's the whole pants pooping thing.

2010's:  Swamp Thing vol. 5 #26 No thanks

Swamp Thing vol. 2 #002 a.jpg

Swamp Thing vol. 2 #116 a.jpg

Swamp Thing vol. 3 #11 a.jpg

Swamp Thing vol. 5 #26.jpg

Edited by Jasonmorris1000000

16 minutes ago, piper said:

Easy Answer!  Amazing Spider-man No. 2.  I hate the Vulture and everything about the cover on that book.

One of my favourite SA Steve Ditko covers.  Still holds up today far better than most of his ASM covers.