• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's the most horrible comic you've had to buy in order to complete a set?
4 4

107 posts in this topic

On 1/5/2021 at 5:35 PM, Artboy99 said:

the only Conan comics I have not read are the end of the run: like 265 to 275 as i didnt get them until recently. Generally i love reading Conan so your answer is surprising. I guess i will have to read them to see for myself...

The “young” Conan story line is horrible, just horrible. Probably the worst Conan stuff ever done.

My nomination. This was the last Mad comic I got to complete the run, and easily the worst condition wise because I wouldn't pay for a better one. I know this cover mad quite a splash at the time (ooo - mocking Time magazine :o ) but I hate it.

large.Mad_11.jpg.df335c35c9e34feb5dfa15ad8aa5ac70.jpg

12 minutes ago, AJD said:

My nomination. This was the last Mad comic I got to complete the run, and easily the worst condition wise because I wouldn't pay for a better one. I know this cover mad quite a splash at the time (ooo - mocking Time magazine :o ) but I hate it.

large.Mad_11.jpg.df335c35c9e34feb5dfa15ad8aa5ac70.jpg

Do you have a complete run of Mad Magazine too?  That would be awesome 

On 1/5/2021 at 2:41 PM, Jasonmorris1000000 said:

This thread is for all you OCD comic collectors out there that have to have every issue ever published of a run, no matter how bad it is.

Back in the late 80s/early 90s, I did something I have almost never done - dropped a long running title from my pull list. Tom deFalco had taken over the writing on the Fantastic Four, and it was sooooooo bad, I finally said, ENOUGH

Flash forward 25 or so years, and I realize that my wantlist with only FF #1 and #5 is not technically correct, so I had to hunt down all those DeFalco books.

So to answer the question, Fantastic Four 356–416, take your pick.:frown:

(Okay, not 412, that's still on my list)