• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I GIVE UP - Has anyone bought from Pedigree Comics using the Buy it Now option?

19 posts in this topic

How does this work? Is a BIN option just an offer? It is not a binding "BIN" option that is enforced on the site?

Just curious if the seller can reject your BIN, even though that is what they listed it as.

UPDATE: Doug got back to me very fast, said it depends on the listing, and if it is an old cached one in the system.

Still trying to get a feel for this site.

Edited by BigLeagueCHEW

6 hours ago, BigLeagueCHEW said:

How does this work? Is a BIN option just an offer? It is not a binding "BIN" option that is enforced on the site?

Just curious if the seller can reject your BIN, even though that is what they listed it as.

UPDATE: Doug got back to me very fast, said it depends on the listing, and if it is an old cached one in the system.

Still trying to get a feel for this site.

I have the same thing happen on an Inventory listing. Asking price was $195, I sent a $150 offer, but decided later on to do the $195 Buy It Now. Then I get an offer rejected for the asking price. Sent an email to Doug, sent him a PM too on the boards, never got a reply. This was around 2-3 weeks ago.

1 hour ago, bobotski said:

I have the same thing happen on an Inventory listing. Asking price was $195, I sent a $150 offer, but decided later on to do the $195 Buy It Now. Then I get an offer rejected for the asking price. Sent an email to Doug, sent him a PM too on the boards, never got a reply. This was around 2-3 weeks ago.

That is where I am confused. I thought the BIN was a sealed deal. Still trying to figure out how the site works.

42 minutes ago, BigLeagueCHEW said:

That is where I am confused. I thought the BIN was a sealed deal. Still trying to figure out how the site works.

Wasn't clear, but did Doug tell you that some books on the site are from old postings/stale, and if this happens basically the books you BIN'ed are no longer available?

11 minutes ago, bobotski said:

Wasn't clear, but did Doug tell you that some books on the site are from old postings/stale, and if this happens basically the books you BIN'ed are no longer available?

Only on one of them, which was rejected by the consigner. I think my search was from an old link on Google. I did an actual inventory search and it wasn’t there. I get these sometimes on Reece’s site, but that one actually pops up a sold out dialog.

The 2nd book I did find in inventory and it is pending a BIN. Fingers crossed it goes thru.

6 minutes ago, BigLeagueCHEW said:

Only on one of them, which was rejected by the consigner. I think my search was from an old link on Google. I did an actual inventory search and it wasn’t there. I get these sometimes on Reece’s site, but that one actually pops up a sold out dialog.

The 2nd book I did find in inventory and it is pending a BIN. Fingers crossed it goes thru.

Same here. Says 'offer rejected' but 'sale pending'. Confusing.

7 hours ago, Larryw7 said:

Did Doug tell you to steal your grandma's Social Security check to pay for your book?

He said hide her meds under the sink, and scarf her dinner down. Then say "You must have ate it gramma!", "Your dementia must be kicking in you ole goat!" 

One of the most "oooffa" comments on these boards was in the comic book dealer basketball game.  After seeing video of Doug play, someone remarked along the lines of how easy it seemed for him to steal the ball. 

Can someone find that one?   

16 hours ago, bobotski said:

Heard back on my BIN that was rejected, said "The consignor sold it privately but forgot to delete it off my site. Sorry for the inconvenience."

Not happy about it but what can you do :(

You'll get this answer from other people as well. It's never acceptable in my opinion.