• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM ASM 35
5 5

83 posts in this topic

40 minutes ago, Guardian Comics said:

Actually no grade is attributed to this book at all in your description....you wrote GD at the end of your title, when that could mean absolutely anything.  It's vague at best.

I do like these from your auction listing though....

"Offers: Every week we get offers for books currently listed for auction; It is an auction. We would greatly appreciate it if you just bid to show that you are serious. Respectfully, unless it is a crazy offer we will not accept. We would rather every single client has a chance at the book. If we believe your offer is higher (which is quite rare) than what the auction will fetch we may accept. we can then use the extra money to buy more great material available to everyone. Bottom line, just bid (some stuff always sells cheap which I'm ok with)."

SO DO YOU WANT EVERY SINGLE CLIENT TO HAVE A CHANCE OR DO YOU ACTUALLY ACCEPT OFFERS???

"Orders will be shipped via USPS or FedEx according to volume/speed and a few other factors. Our shipping manager will pick the best one for you; You choosing is not available at this time because it interrupts the assembly line."

WHAT ASSEMBLY LINE...OF DECEIT???

You should have made him an offer on the giggle comics....instead of falling asleep when it was ending and we'd own that CGC 2.0 or DGC 8.0

Hey! At one time in it's life, this book was a 9.6.  You know that's true.   It has fallen on hard times and we should have a little ceremony about the evils of burning the candle at both ends.  That time in the gutter has not been kind to it. Maintain elevator silence. 

8 hours ago, Guardian Comics said:

Actually no grade is attributed to this book at all in your description....you wrote GD at the end of your title, when that could mean absolutely anything.  It's vague at best.

"Offers: Every week we get offers for books currently listed for auction; It is an auction. We would greatly appreciate it if you just bid to show that you are serious. Respectfully, unless it is a crazy offer we will not accept. We would rather every single client has a chance at the book. If we believe your offer is higher (which is quite rare) than what the auction will fetch we may accept. we can then use the extra money to buy more great material available to everyone. Bottom line, just bid (some stuff always sells cheap which I'm ok with)."

SO DO YOU WANT EVERY SINGLE CLIENT TO HAVE A CHANCE OR DO YOU ACTUALLY ACCEPT OFFERS???

"Orders will be shipped via USPS or FedEx according to volume/speed and a few other factors. Our shipping manager will pick the best one for you; You choosing is not available at this time because it interrupts the assembly line."

What the heck do you think GD stands for? Good Deal?????? 

G2.0

A collectible that shows extensive evidence of handling with numerous moderate-to-major defects.

https://www.cgccomics.com/grading/grading-scale/

So I wrote one more letter than CGC did in an attempt to be MORE descriptive and you think I didnt write ENOUGH information on my grade description where I also took 12 freaking photos?

8 hours ago, Guardian Comics said:

Here's an example: A $20 comic could sell for $15 or $2 which is not full retail but if you want to give me $50 I'll end it early and then use that money to buy more stuff which overall is worth it to our clients. "A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush" or in this case maybe 3 in the bush?

17 hours ago, dylanthekid said:

Here's an example: A $20 comic could sell for $15 or $2 which is not full retail but if you want to give me $50 I'll end it early and then use that money to buy more stuff which overall is worth it to our clients. "A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush" or in this case maybe 3 in the bush?

Are you saying you’ll end auctions early if the offer is high enough?  What if the auction already has bids?

2.0 - 2.5 if you are lucky. 

However, given that the staple is popped and the centerfold detached along with the fact that this is a "ho-hum" ASM book, I would want to price it below the competition and get out from underneath it.  A key book with those defects will still sell due to the desirability of the key.  A common book such as this ASM 35 will just garner a shrug unless it is underpriced, because I can always find a better condition book for a little bit more. 

2 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

2.0 - 2.5 if you are lucky. 

However, given that the staple is popped and the centerfold detached along with the fact that this is a "ho-hum" ASM book, I would want to price it below the competition and get out from underneath it.  A key book with those defects will still sell due to the desirability of the key.  A common book such as this ASM 35 will just garner a shrug unless it is underpriced, because I can always find a better condition book for a little bit more. 

I hope you win. It ends tomorrow

2 hours ago, dylanthekid said:

I hope you win. It ends tomorrow

I’m not bidding.  I already own a few copies of this and in higher grade. 

2 hours ago, dylanthekid said:
5 hours ago, THE_BEYONDER said:

Are you saying you’ll end auctions early if the offer is high enough?  What if the auction already has bids?

If I offered you $1000 for a NM- New Mutants 98 would you say no?

It's considered unethical to end an auction early to accept an offer if it has bids.  But we would expect nothing less from someone who blatantly and deliberately over-grades, who games CGC's label mistakes and lists them on ebay without disclosing restoration, and who lists books as containing art by Baker when that is unknown and unlikely.

Anything to make a buck.  Have you considered selling used cars?

15 hours ago, thehumantorch said:

It's considered unethical to end an auction early to accept an offer if it has bids.  But we would expect nothing less from someone who blatantly and deliberately over-grades, who games CGC's label mistakes and lists them on ebay without disclosing restoration, and who lists books as containing art by Baker when that is unknown and unlikely.

Anything to make a buck.  Have you considered selling used cars?

Why is ending it early unethical? You can't make an equal access argument, if that was really your motivating belief system you wouldn't be on this forum right now because of the end of net neutrality with the internet. 

A bidder now and someone who offers have the exact same access to the book regardless of race, religion, etc etc and any group of people I left out to keep this post non political. I also think this happens so little of the time, it distracts from bigger issues/discussions whether you are for or against what I do. I probably ended 2 auctions early this year? I probably turned down 200 offers. Why do people think I'm gonna sell an ASM 129 for $100? 

18 hours ago, THE_BEYONDER said:

If that NM- NM 98 was listed in an auction format with existing  bids, that’s exactly what I’d say.(shrug)

and that's exactly my point. It's my right to sell to who I want to and your right as the buyer to buy from who you want to. Why do you get to decide who I sell to? Can I decide who you buy from (rhetorical question)

21 minutes ago, dylanthekid said:

Why is ending it early unethical? You can't make an equal access argument, if that was really your motivating belief system you wouldn't be on this forum right now because of the end of net neutrality with the internet. 

A bidder now and someone who offers have the exact same access to the book regardless of race, religion, etc etc and any group of people I left out to keep this post non political. I also think this happens so little of the time, it distracts from bigger issues/discussions whether you are for or against what I do. I probably ended 2 auctions early this year? I probably turned down 200 offers. Why do people think I'm gonna sell an ASM 129 for $100? 

You may want to peruse this:

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/listings/creating-managing-listings/cancelling-listing?id=4146

-bc

34 minutes ago, dylanthekid said:

and that's exactly my point. It's my right to sell to who I want to and your right as the buyer to buy from who you want to. Why do you get to decide who I sell to? Can I decide who you buy from (rhetorical question)

You can’t be this dense....:facepalm: