• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Thread of Positivity
2 2

23 posts in this topic

54 minutes ago, Kohei said:

May the collecting Gods bless and keep BCarter27 for keeping me sane this year. :tink:

I will echo this sentiment. That fabulous couple does not stop being awesome. From sickbed calls for auction advice, to "oh you so overpaid but you be you" doses of reality, in a regular year, I'd be dragging you out to the third beer garden of the night as a thank you.

Bob

My second positive post goes to one of the OGs of the hobby... Scott Dunbier. This is for two reasons. First, for being a dealer that put a lot of prime artwork in the hands of collectors, among his highlights was bringing a bunch of Watchmen pages over to the US market, back when it was new art. I wonder how many key pages on CAF were at one time sold by Scott, I’m guessing it would be a pretty high number. Anyone who helped puts these Bronze Age beauties in our collections I raise my glass to!

I saved the best for last, without Scott we wouldn’t have IDW’s Artist Editions! He was man who introduced the idea of publishing full size original art with all the glue stains, editors notes and everything, this was a dream come true to art collectors. Collectors who couldn’t dream of owning 144 pages from their favorite artist CAN drop a mere $125 and have their own favorite keepsake of their guy. For me, it’s Byrne... so much inspiration in those pages...Byrne X-Men, Fantastic Four and Marvel Classic Artifact Editions are always in my bonus room waiting to be enjoyed.

For that reason Mr Dunbier gets a massive shout out of thanks. I’m grateful there are passionate guys like Scott documenting the history of comics and providing all this inspiration for fans and artists alike... way to go Scott!!! 

Scott Williams 
Scott Dunbier

Will my next positive post be to another Scott?!? 

Only time will tell ; )

1811BBE7-0C15-4E9B-8C63-B113D2BC9CC9.jpeg

A7DC83EB-A5EB-4296-9E1A-E7FC22AE4740.jpeg

611494A3-2FD8-4863-8281-7D944B2543B1.jpeg