• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC Prescreen Question
2 2

14 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, pkveronese said:

Hey all,

Doing a large submission soon. Do all of the prescreened books need to be the same grade or can I specify title "x" to be 9.4 and title "y" to be 9.8?

You can specify a grade for any group that has at least 25 comics in it.  You can't form a group of less than 25 copies at a particular grade.

It doesn't have to be "title" x and y, meaning it can be mixed titles.  A group can be any comic titles and issues of a similar price tier (like all Modern), at least 25 comics in the group, minimum grade selected of 9.8 or less.

Could be 25 comics, every one from a different title.  Could be all from the same title, or 25 copies of the same exact issue.

https://www.cgccomics.com/grading/faq/#prescreen-faqs

18 minutes ago, BigLeagueCHEW said:

I did a 26 pre-screen sub in December, if we are on the same page?

Some comics were a 9.8

and a few others I chose 9.6 

Is that what we are talking about?

I was under the impression when you select prescreen, the entire 25 book submission falls under that prescreen grade. I’m not aware of being able to have differing  prescreen grades within a submission.

14 minutes ago, djpinkpanther67 said:

I was under the impression when you select prescreen, the entire 25 book submission falls under that prescreen grade. I’m not aware of being able to have differing  prescreen grades within a submission.

I thought that too, then after I selected 25, I got a drop down to select minimum grade.

1 hour ago, BigLeagueCHEW said:

I thought that too, then after I selected 25, I got a drop down to select minimum grade.

That's what is supposed to happen.  Then you select the minimum grade you want them to process.  If you pick 9.6, they will return any comics that won't hit 9.6. 

It doesn't mean that all the comics will be be 9.6, just that the minimum grade assigned will be 9.6 for those that qualify.  You can get 9.8's, if they are of that quality.  And maybe even higher. 

But you can't put in 25 comics and designate different grades within the 25.  All the answers are at the FAQ link given above.

1 hour ago, BigLeagueCHEW said:

All books in an order whether you submit 1 or 25 must be designated with ONLY 1 minimum designated grade for ALL the books in the order...Those books that receive the minimum designated grade or higher grade in an order will be slabbed ( and you will be billed the normal slab fee...see CGC slab fee costs ) and those books that do not meet the minimum designated grade you asked for are sent back to you raw without being slabbed and you are assessed a $5 fee per book. That is it...you can not designate more than 1 grade per order..period.

5 minutes ago, Funnybooks said:

All books in an order whether you submit 1 or 25 must be designated...

The minimum is 25.  You can't submit 1 or 5 or 10.  From the FAQ under Prescreen:

"How many books are necessary to qualify to send in a PreScreen?

CGC requires a 25 book submission per tier."

6 minutes ago, Funnybooks said:

That is it...you can not designate more than 1 grade per order..period.

It depends what you mean by an "order".  CGC uses the term "submission" or "invoice".  You can send in an "order" of multiple submissions, like 4 submissions of 25 comics, equaling 100 comics. 

Each submission in the order (shipment) can have its own Prescreen designated grade.  Again, from the FAQ under Prescreen:

"I have 100 books that I want to submit through the PreScreen Service. Can I break them up into different PreScreen levels?

Yes. For example, you could submit 25 for an 8.0 PreScreen, 25 for a 8.5 PreScreen, 25 for a 9.0 PreScreen, and 25 for a 9.2 PreScreen. As long as the PreScreen is at least 25 books per invoice, your submission is eligible. Remember, you can pick any grade you choose."

4 minutes ago, Lightning55 said:

The minimum is 25.  You can't submit 1 or 5 or 10.  From the FAQ under Prescreen:

"How many books are necessary to qualify to send in a PreScreen?

CGC requires a 25 book submission per tier."

It depends what you mean by an "order".  CGC uses the term "submission" or "invoice".  You can send in an "order" of multiple submissions, like 4 submissions of 25 comics, equaling 100 comics. 

Each submission in the order (shipment) can have its own Prescreen designated grade.  Again, from the FAQ under Prescreen:

"I have 100 books that I want to submit through the PreScreen Service. Can I break them up into different PreScreen levels?

Yes. For example, you could submit 25 for an 8.0 PreScreen, 25 for a 8.5 PreScreen, 25 for a 9.0 PreScreen, and 25 for a 9.2 PreScreen. As long as the PreScreen is at least 25 books per invoice, your submission is eligible. Remember, you can pick any grade you choose."

Yes...you are correct..I meant to say any number of orders and 25 books per order but melded my thought together..