• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comic stores in Seattle/Tacoma area
1 1

13 posts in this topic

Good luck. About 7 years ago I went to one near the University of Washington (which has a beautiful campus BTW), but I cannot remember the name. I thought it was pretty decent. I wound up actually finding a few SA and BA books I thought were priced reasonably and bought them.

I realize that is pretty useless for you. But looking at the few the university I couldn't deduce which one it was (they may have renovated), but they all look like pretty nice shops. Seattle looks like a pretty good place for comic shops based on the map. All they do is close around me. But maybe with commercial rents dropping some might be able to come back.

Edited by the blob

1 hour ago, Icculus308win said:

My buddy just sent me this.
He lives downtown Seattle and walks by it to get to some awesome diner he loves. Says it gets a lot of traffic that he has seen 

B7B9DB98-6679-43EB-B6D3-726C960DBB34.thumb.jpeg.f2e1a892247b06cf395483c16a0dea3a.jpeg

I live within a couple miles of this place. It's a dump, the owner's a . Not worth the drive. That's my review, I guess.

And just a general comment about Seattle-area comic shops: There really aren't any of merit. The closest thing might be Arcane Comics on Aurora Ave. This place is something of a dead zone for comic collectors...

20 hours ago, Silver said:

Going to be in the area soon, are there any good stores in the area that sell vintage books?

Thanks!

portland, a few hours south, has several really good comic shops. if you want to drive down one day, excalibur comics is a good one here, as well as cloud nine comics. i go all the time! bridge city is good for new stuff, not much if you want silver, or bronze age stuff. excalibur is closed sun through wednesdays now. 

On 1/7/2021 at 6:29 PM, www.alexgross.com said:

portland, a few hours south, has several really good comic shops. if you want to drive down one day, excalibur comics is a good one here, as well as cloud nine comics. i go all the time! bridge city is good for new stuff, not much if you want silver, or bronze age stuff. excalibur is closed sun through wednesdays now. 

This is very true. I love shopping in general in Portland, but their comic store scene in particular is pretty great.

On 1/7/2021 at 9:54 AM, Icculus308win said:

My buddy just sent me this.
He lives downtown Seattle and walks by it to get to some awesome diner he loves. Says it gets a lot of traffic that he has seen 

B7B9DB98-6679-43EB-B6D3-726C960DBB34.thumb.jpeg.f2e1a892247b06cf395483c16a0dea3a.jpeg

On 1/7/2021 at 10:56 AM, Lego said:

I live within a couple miles of this place. It's a dump, the owner's a . Not worth the drive. That's my review, I guess.

The best comic shops are dives, imo.  Owner is odd, but if you plan on hitting up comic shops, you have to get used to eccentric owners.  He had some gold upstairs, mostly 50's supermans, and the prices seemed a bit high.  The reason to go, though, is to spend a few hours digging through the 25cent bins.  Last time I was there I pulled 40 DCU variants, and a $300 batman 2nd print I flipped on ebay.

Whatever you do, don't waste your time going to the comic shop down in fisherman's pier.  Complete waste of time.  If you go south to Oregon, there is a weird/dirty coin shop in Eugene that had some nice gold.  Nothing is priced though, and the owner just kind of makes it up as he goes.  He did have a VG+ copy of the frazetta weird science for $400 that I wish I had grabbed.  

Edited by waaaghboss