• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New interview from ComicArtAds (Phillip Anderson!)

3 posts in this topic

Hi all!  I just posted a short interview with Phillip Anderson of Artsource/Booksource/Artworkworld to my ComicArtAds website: 

http://www.comicartads.com/content/phillip-anderson-interview

I had been scanning some images from Phillip's 1992 catalogs and decided to reach out to him to share art collecting and selling memories.  Phillip has offered large amounts of art from particular titles and artists for reasonable prices (example below).  I hope you enjoy the interview, and thanks to Phillip for taking the time to answer a few questions!  Cheers, Lee

booksource.jpg

Back in the day, besides a few art purchases, I got a few color guides for covers and cover approvals (printer proofs) from Phillip and Greg Buls *, part of what I call "the original" Jack Adler collection.  They must have sold it off to the guys that have been listing them on ebay for the past decade or so.  Phillip used a COA that is different from the one those other guys use. 

* Greg Buls is famously remembered for his part in fueling the comics speculator market in the early 90's.

Edited by Will_K