• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My experience with fractional ownership of comics: JIM #83 / $215,000
3 3

444 posts in this topic

11 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

This would explain the dynamic between you and I.  I think I have mentioned this before, my formative years were primarily influenced by the Marianists...

"Dear boys, this is a Marianist school.  We may be crazier than everyone else but not as crazy the Jesuits.  Put that in your pipe and smoke it ya bad kids."

i recall you are a product of the lovely italian catholic people.

as an italian marianist, one must remember that the the 16th century popes gave the jesuits the privilege to absolve heresy in italy.

now, that is ok crazie giving the ok to the crazies.

add to that the whole jesuit conjuring in the ottoman empire thing, and we are 3 for 3.

if the marianists were of sound mind and body they would have kicked the jesuits out of italy in the 16th century. but nope, they decided we all needed a black pope.

beat that.

9 minutes ago, wilbil said:

i recall you are a product of the lovely italian catholic people.

as an italian marianist, one must remember that the the 16th century popes gave the jesuits the privilege to absolve heresy in italy.

now, that is ok crazie giving the ok to the crazies.

add to that the whole jesuit conjuring in the ottoman empire thing, and we are 3 for 3.

if the marianists were of sound mind and body they would have kicked the jesuits out of italy in the 16th century. but nope, they decided we all needed a black pope.

beat that.

lol I went to a school where some of us... decades later still send each other text messages with some of the crazy things that a certain priest and some of the brothers would say in class... 

Everything I want to post about what some of them said and did ... I already know I cannot post what they said and did lol 

I posted one once before... 

Student: Science sucks !

Brother: "Gentleman, science neither sucks nor blows, if it did everyone would want to become a scientist."

Father Ernest was ...

I cannot even post some of the things he said... too funny.  

6 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

lol I went to a school where some of us... decades later still send each other text messages with some of the crazy things that a certain priest and some of the brothers would say in class... 

Everything I want to post about what some of them said and did ... I already know I cannot post what they said and did lol 

I posted one once before... 

Student: Science sucks !

Brother: "Gentleman, science neither sucks nor blows, if it did everyone would want to become a scientist."

Father Ernest was ...

I cannot even post some of the things he said... too funny.  

In my organic chem class the professor would say "We're going to have a quizzy on friday"
Abt halfway through the semester a student finally asked "How come we never have testies?"
Professor replied "I dont know why dont you have testes?"
OUCH

2 hours ago, valiantman said:

RallyRd only does part of that... and there are plenty of people who don't even like the whole idea I described, much less a partial version of it on RallyRd.

I get the appeal of the whole idea.  I just think people are going to get robbed blind over the years by the startups that try to do a piece of it.

In the first thread, I read some of RallyRd’s fine print.  I’m not saying they are definitely going to rob people blind, but there’s not much in the fine print stopping them.

Interesting discussion. I would think collectors would welcome things like this that make collecting more accessible, creates more interest in general and drive up prices.

Attached is latest as of this morning...82% funded.  Average investment $236.

0B4B48C7-DB78-41A7-AA56-FAC734F0DBC7.png

17 hours ago, Axelrod said:

And when they do this they also get to keep it and display it in their "showroom" at the same time. 

.........:facepalm:

17 hours ago, Axelrod said:

Seems like a good deal. 

:screwy:

22 minutes ago, ThothAmon said:

OP has really done little to make this thread informative about the business model. Personally for my collectible dollars I’d rather own 100 percent of a lesser book, that is in my possession, than a fractional share in a Grail.  That’s even before accounting for the anticipated fees and expenses owed the company.  

No fees/commissions charged to investors. Rally makes money from the seller like an auction house. I’m guessing they make something on securities lending/cash as well like Robinhood although that’s not clear.

I remember this from a while back. It was very interesting and could be a great way for new collectors to get in but like I said it need more security or reliability. Lile

how do you collect profits is there a time frame they ever sell the book? Do they really buy a book? Lots of loop holes or ways to get ripped off... so kind of a high risk low reward currently scenario.. 

Also this reminds me of the simpsons episode where Bart buys radioactive man #1 with 3 other friends and they fight over the comic and in the process ends up destroying it lol