• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My experience with fractional ownership of comics: JIM #83 / $215,000
3 3

444 posts in this topic

Business like this give me true hope.  My son and I have been working on a grift business for a while and stuff like this just convinces me there is an almost endless supply of people standing around with wads of cash and the common sense of a can of tuna waiting for someone to just collect the cash.  If you can give people a "return" on their investment, even better.

I had a friend in Phoenix, AZ.  He worked the graveyard shift at Walmart stocking shelves and was contacted for an amazing investment opportunity.  He went to the sales pitch and wrote a check for $500 (A lot of money for him) but it was a sure payout potentially 100x his investment.  When I ask him what is was, it was for a company developing a new type of laser that could be used in lots of applications.  What type of laser?  He had no idea.  What were the applications? He had no idea but it was a lot.  Needless to say, he never saw a return on his "investment".

Anyone interested in buying "All healing essential oils" let me know.  My son trained with Tibetan monks for 6 months to learn their healing science and can now pass that on to you.

I am also selling shares in my Peanuts Sunday from 1959, 10,000 shared available at $15/share.  You are able to trade shares on the peak of the New moon each month provided the night sky is clear.

I also have a time share available in Vail, CO that I am selling actual time on.  You can buy in 1 minute increments up to a maximum of 2 hours. Price is $12.45/minute, 10080 minute available.

Edited by batman_fan

36 minutes ago, batman_fan said:

Business like this give me true hope.  My son and I have been working on a grift business for a while and stuff like this just convinces me there is an almost endless supply of people standing around with wads of cash and the common sense of a can of tuna waiting for someone to just collect the cash.  If you can give people a "return" on their investment, even better.

I had a friend in Phoenix, AZ.  He worked the graveyard shift at Walmart stocking shelves and was contacted for an amazing investment opportunity.  He went to the sales pitch and wrote a check for $500 (A lot of money for him) but it was a sure payout potentially 100x his investment.  When I ask him what is was, it was for a company developing a new type of laser that could be used in lots of applications.  What type of laser?  He had now idea.  What were the applications? He had no idea but it was a lot.  Needless to say, he never saw a return on his "investment".

Anyone interested in buying "All healing essential oils" let me know.  My son trained with Tibetan monks for 6 months to learn their healing science and can now pass that on to you.

I am also selling shares in my Peanuts Sunday from 1959, 10,000 shared available at $15/share.  You are able to trade shares on the peak of the New moon each month provided the night sky is clear.

I also have a time share available in Vail, CO that I am selling actual time on.  You can buy in 1 minute increments up to a maximum of 2 hours. Price is $12.45/minute, 10800 minute available.

Who hurt you?

Now where do I send my check to?

8 hours ago, D84 said:

Scams like this used to make me mad, but I've just reached :censored: it. This is the future of comic collecting.

I'm assuming they want payment via PayPal friends and family. 

I don't know what it's called but there is some site where you deposit money in an envelope then give the receiver a password for them to get the money

It's either mafia.com or scamsareus.com 

16 hours ago, Gman65NJ said:

I’m now the proud (fractional) owner of Fantastic Four 1. Was interesting to watch the bid/ask fluctuate and ultimately end down quite a bit when the trading window was open.

B52F42A2-6F48-40DB-9453-72DF3D8CCBBA.png

83F2EDF6-7586-4009-A40B-9DDEA15AE0F1.png

F816256B-B2F9-46D2-BE5B-F41571EF0C47.png

Wait - so...the share's lost money during the once-every-few-months trading window?

But...it's and FF # 1! How can this beeee?

Actually - that's interesting. If those numbers are correct the total float of shares are slightly under FMV for the book (last GPA being $96,000 from 1.5 years ago).

So $45 / share is an arguable bargain.

What was the initial IPO price of the shares?

3 hours ago, Gatsby77 said:

Wait - so...the share's lost money during the once-every-few-months trading window?

But...it's and FF # 1! How can this beeee?

Actually - that's interesting. If those numbers are correct the total float of shares are slightly under FMV for the book (last GPA being $96,000 from 1.5 years ago).

So $45 / share is an arguable bargain.

What was the initial IPO price of the shares?

FF #1 opened at $105K which was $52.50 per share.

Be careful suggesting anything is an "arguable bargain" in this system - if the last few posts have taught us anything, it's that people are 100% sure this is a scam.  If you can't afford a whole high grade copy of FF #1 then you can't play.  Them's the rules, and we ain't changing the rules for nobody - not even if the company has millions of dollars in assets and public SEC filings of everything they're doing.  It's a scam.  Stick to the cheap books where it's safe to lose $52.50 on whole books with little or no chance of mattering to anyone... ever.  Because 100% of nothing is better than 0.01% of something.  That's just math... if you're bad at it. :preach:

Edited by valiantman

16 hours ago, valiantman said:

FF #1 opened at $105K which was $52.50 per share.

Be careful suggesting anything is an "arguable bargain" in this system - if the last few posts have taught us anything, it's that people are 100% sure this is a scam.  If you can't afford a whole high grade copy of FF #1 then you can't play.  Them's the rules, and we ain't changing the rules for nobody - not even if the company has millions of dollars in assets and public SEC filings of everything they're doing.  It's a scam.  Stick to the cheap books where it's safe to lose $52.50 on whole books with little or no chance of mattering to anyone... ever.  Because 100% of nothing is better than 0.01% of something.  That's just math... if you're bad at it. :preach:

Oh - I'm still sure it's suspect as hell - especially given the fine print that your "share" doesn't give you any underlying claim to the book itself. It's the equivalent of sponsoring a kid in Africa or (as someone noted earlier) a certificate noting you've bought a "moon rock" (without the actual rock itself).

And, as for buying 0.01% ... or even 0.0000001% of something, I'll stick with blue chip stocks, thanks.

Hell - I'd rather "invest" in boxes of comic book cards than pretend I own a small piece of Silver Age key I'll never actually see.

Let's wait until JPMorgan Chase or Goldman Sachs establishes an ETF based on movements in RallyRd.'s "portfolio" of comics - that'll be the ticket!

I have no issue with people putting their money into something like this.  If it is what makes you happy have at it.  The only time I do have issue is if as a taxpayer I am forced to make someone whole for doing stupid stuff.  For this particular scam, I wont have to worry about that.  The total amount of money people can lose is way below any threshold where the government will care.  Like most scams, those that get in early and out early will make money, kudos on the score.

So if you were to purchase 51% of all existing shares, could you take controlling interest in the comic, or are these all non-voting shares?

Next up is a comic futures market where you can offer to buy or sell a comic for a set price at future date. No actual trading of comics need happen, you just settle up based on 12 month GPA average at that date. 

13 minutes ago, rjpb said:

So if you were to purchase 51% of all existing shares, could you take controlling interest in the comic, or are these all non-voting shares?

Next up is a comic futures market where you can offer to buy or sell a comic for a set price at future date. No actual trading of comics need happen, you just settle up based on 12 month GPA average at that date. 

I would like to buy shorts on 1000 copies of Strawberry Shortcakes 

33 minutes ago, rjpb said:

:takeit:

37 minutes ago, rjpb said:

No. That's in more of the fine print. Rally Rd. itself has 50%+ ownership, so there's no way for outsiders to take a controlling interest and force a sale.

And that futures market based on 12-month GPA average sales wouldn't work because most books at this investment level would have 1-3 sales annually, at most. Too easy for the "big guys" to manipulate with a single inflated (or deflated) sale.

For example, what's a CGC 8.5 FF # 1 worth? Last GPA sale was almost two years ago, and it's gotten far hotter on Marvel movie re-boot movie news since then.

1 minute ago, Gatsby77 said:

No. That's in more of the fine print. Rally Rd. itself has 50%+ ownership, so there's no way for outsiders to take a controlling interest and force a sale.

And that futures market based on 12-month GPA average sales wouldn't work because most books at this investment level would have 1-3 sales annually, at most. Too easy for the "big guys" to manipulate with a single inflated (or deflated) sale.

For example, what's a CGC 8.5 FF # 1 worth? Last GPA sale was almost two years ago, and it's gotten far hotter on Marvel movie re-boot movie news since then.

I wasn't really being serious, though if one were to create such a futures market it would probably have to be in more frequently traded books, like higher grade bronze and copper keys, but of course even here, there would be opportunity for market manipulation.

On 2/22/2021 at 9:15 PM, batman_fan said:

I had a friend in Phoenix, AZ.  He worked the graveyard shift at Walmart stocking shelves and was contacted for an amazing investment opportunity.  He went to the sales pitch and wrote a check for $500 (A lot of money for him) but it was a sure payout potentially 100x his investment.  When I ask him what is was, it was for a company developing a new type of laser that could be used in lots of applications.  What type of laser?  He had no idea.  What were the applications? He had no idea but it was a lot.  Needless to say, he never saw a return on his "investment".

I also have a time share available in Vail, CO that I am selling actual time on.  You can buy in 1 minute increments up to a maximum of 2 hours. Price is $12.45/minute, 10080 minute available.

Like Bitcoin? I still think it is a racket despite the fact that $1K in 2010 would be about $200 million or something now. I want my time machine!!!

Edited by the blob

7 minutes ago, the blob said:

Like Bitcoin? I still think it is a racket despite the fact that $1K in 2010 would be about $200 million or something now. I want my time machine!!!

Bitcoin fascinates me.  Back when you could use it for transaction on the Silk Road it made sense but now that it is an investment vehicle mostly it seems (I know some places take it as payment) I don't understand the price.  Like most scams those that get out before it collapses will make out very good