• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My experience with fractional ownership of comics: JIM #83 / $215,000
3 3

444 posts in this topic

Just now, XjYoZbQ said:
19 minutes ago, valiantman said:

Why not have an industry based on digital ownership of some of the most important pop culture art that does exist?

Because P. T. Barnum?

You need to kill the $250,000,000 NFT industry first. :whatev:

11 minutes ago, mattn792 said:

Just what it says.  Your hostility is somewhat baffling.

Your desire to continue to discuss this topic as being not worth discussing in this topic of discussion is somewhat baffling.

Your surprise at my hostility toward those who don't want to discuss this topic IN THIS TOPIC is also baffling.

:kidaround:

Shall we go to a discussion of variants and discuss how no one should be discussing variants? 

How about a Golden Age appreciation thread where we can point out that no one should appreciate Golden Age?

No?

Baffling.

1 minute ago, Angel of Death said:
3 minutes ago, valiantman said:

A response with a broken image?

Yeah, that's not going to work for me.

Nah, the image ain't broken. Must be your PC.

You're right, it's gorgeous.  Beautiful.  I don't know how I missed it.

yeahno.png.4bb992896eb58a85b2e6dd78109f60bf.png

Just now, Angel of Death said:
1 minute ago, valiantman said:

You're right, it's gorgeous.  Beautiful.  I don't know how I missed it.

yeahno.png.4bb992896eb58a85b2e6dd78109f60bf.png

Expand  

Here's a screenshot from a superior PC:

image.png.fe69dded8536b67573b79302a4984a47.png

Since YOU'RE the one who went to MakeAGIF.com to get the image, it is LOADED on your PC before you posted it here.

We can only see it if YOU load it correctly, since we are not on MakeAGIF.com right now.

Shall we all go to MakeAGIF.com to see what it is that your superior PC has cached, or shall we come over to your house and lean over your chair?

Since YOU'RE the one who went to MakeAGIF.com to get the image, it is LOADED on your PC before you posted it here.

We can only see it if YOU load it correctly, since we are not on MakeAGIF.com right now.

Shall we all go to MakeAGIF.com to see what it is that your superior PC has cached, or shall we come over to your house and lean over your chair?

No. It was copied+pasted from Google, as are all of my GIFs that no one else has a problem seeing. :)

6 minutes ago, Angel of Death said:
8 minutes ago, valiantman said:

No. It was copied+pasted from Google, as are all of my GIFs that no one else has a problem seeing. :)

No one else can see it either, but they are too polite to point out you do this kind of newb Google cut-and-paste thing all the time. :hi:

P.S. PCs don't determine what's on the internet and provided to the browser.  The servers do.  And this server isn't loading your stolen image.

Edited by valiantman

Just now, Angel of Death said:

No one else can see it either, but they are too polite to point out you do this kind of newb Google cut-and-paste thing all the time. :hi:

Lie To Me GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

See, now that you're stealing from SKYCINEMA, it works.  When you were stealing from MakeAGIF.com it didn't.

Your crimes are not as flawless as your amazing CTRL-C, CTRL-V skills would have you believe.

Just now, vheflin said:

Does not the emergence of NFTs make Rally obsolete?

NFT ownership can be divided so investors could own a share of a pricey comic outright.

The emergence of NFTs adds a layer of complication, rather than simplifying the process.  Ultimately, it's likely that crypto will be a better solution for an exchange, but we're in the process of moving between the old "a few collectors put their money together to buy a key issue based on a gentlemen's agreement" and "the SEC filings indicate that the ownership of the asset is assigned to an LLC with documented membership".  Adding cryptocurrency will be another wrinkle.