• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Thor 337 (copy 2)
3 3

7 posts in this topic

Last one.  This copy isn't quite as nice as my other one, so I wouldn't normally have put it up, except for what I found inside it.  

I met Walter Simonson at a convention in 1985.  He was great.  Got a Thor sketch from him which I still have (and, yes, I know he's done thousands of these over the years, but mine is still totally amazing).  I remember that vividly.

What I did NOT remember was having him sign this book.  So it was quite the surprise for me opening it up to take these pictures and seeing it there.  Man, memories.  

Ironically, correct me if I'm wrong, but having that sig. there, which predates the existence of CGC, actually lowers the value of the book today, because it's not a "verified" sig. and if I submitted this it could get one of those "qualified" Green labels people don't like?  Or I think I've seen Blue labels with unverified sigs that just note "someone wrote in this" on the label, or something like that, lol.  

Anyway, I thought it was cool, so, here it is.  There's a blue dot on the cover that might be a manufacturing thing?  And the back bottom R corner has a small scuff of some kind.  Otherwise though, it's also not too bad!

IMG_0314.JPG

IMG_0315.JPG

IMG_0316.JPG

IMG_0318 (1).JPG

IMG_0317 (1).JPG

IMG_0319.JPG

IMG_0320.JPG

IMG_0321.JPG

IMG_0324.JPG

IMG_0327.JPG

IMG_0326.JPG

IMG_0327 (2).JPG

And with that, I think I'm done posting.  At least until I acquire another book.  And as I'm not actively collecting anymore, that might be awhile.  But you never know.  Going through my old stuff has brought back a lot of memories, and I can't deny feeling a teeny tiny itch there.  

Think I might still hang around the forums though.  I'm enjoying it so far.  And if I do get any of these books I've been posting CGC graded, I will definitely update!

Thanks again very much to everyone who took the time to give my books a look and give an opinion!

What a neat find!  The color spot is a printing defect and generally won’t affect the grade unless it’s a very high grade book like 9.8.  The stain above the H in the title and BC soiling might be helped by a C&P. That said, this book sits in the low 9’s.  9.2