• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

First time submitting to CGC: The Amazing Spider-Man 121, 129. No special label options?
1 1

6 posts in this topic

Greetings all,

I recently went through some older books collected as kid (decades ago) and am looking forward to submitting to CGC for the first time. Not sure if I am doing something wrong as I am not given the option for any special labels when listing The Amazing Spider-Man issue 121 and/or 129. When listing other books such as X-Men, I am given all the label options including the one below I wanted to use for ASM 121, 129. Any help or guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Ron

image.thumb.png.bca1f9f39583c46fa4f70163b79a987a.png

Edited by mrbarlint
missing info

I'm curious too.  Same thing just happened to me.  This afternoon I filled out the online form and had zero options come up for Amazing Spiderman.  I did get an option for my Ultimate Spiderman 1, but would have liked to have the options on the ASM books.  Also submitting a King in Black 1, but didnt get the option for the Knull label which would have been great.

This is a 2020 label that’s being retired.  It’s possible it’s not offered as a choice due to being out of stock.  The new Spidey specific labels are either Miles or Goblin. Maybe give Customer Service a call Monday morning.

edit: If it’s showing when you list other books, then I’m really not sure why the option isn’t there. hm

Edited by steveinthecity

11 minutes ago, steveinthecity said:

This is a 2020 label that’s being retired.  It’s possible it’s not offered as a choice due to being out of stock.  The new Spidey specific labels are either Miles or Goblin. Maybe give Customer Service a call Monday morning.

edit: If it’s showing when you list other books, then I’m really not sure why the option isn’t there. hm

Thank you for the reply. Agreed. Rather odd that the options do appear for all other titles such as X-Men, She Hulk, Marvel Spotlight, etc. but NOT for ASM. 

You can consider contacting cgc to see if they have any née labels coming up soon

OK. I finally figured it out. When filling out the submission form, I had erroneously entered The Amazing Spider-Man in lieu of Amazing Spider-Man. In doing so, no option available for any special labels. Actually, I now prefer NOT having the special label. From what I have seen, a special label will not indicate "First Appearance" on the front, but rather show it on the back.