• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My Favorite Online Comic Book Sellers
4 4

79 posts in this topic

MyComicShop may be my favorite online seller due to their super-strict grading, mostly reasonable pricing (I know they don't totally control this on commission books), and fantastic customer service. One quick story here: I have used their pre-order service since 2016 and never had a problem except for once. In that instance, the books just didn't show, and when I emailed MCS they provided proof the books had shipped and asked me to give USPS ten more days to deliver. Ten days later when the books still hadn't shown, I contacted them again and they immediately pulled a second copy of everything I had ordered and re-sent them to me via UPS. When the postal service finally found the the first box of books in their system and delivered them to me six weeks later, mycomicshop said "Keep 'em." They pretty much earned a lifetime customer that day (and I did choose to pony up for UPS shipping after that to avoid putting them in that situation again).

I will keep the love-fest going for Greg Reece. Fantastic seller and I love buying from him.

And I'll also reiterate the praise for Jim Payette. I generally buy higher grade books than what he typically sells, but I have learned that when he lists a book as NM/M, it's the real deal. I have bought from him four times and always been very happy.

I also buy from ComicLink and Heritage, but mainly because they are often the only ones who have the specific books I am looking for. I've never had a bad experience with either of them other than a rapid depletion of my comic book funds. (Heritage is the guiltier party in this respect.)

Bob Storms, I'm on your site all the time and will absolutely be buying from you when the right book catches my eye.

One online shop is on my banned list. I had a problem with Midtown Comics a couple of years ago that was the polar opposite of my MCS experience. They had an awesome sale with fantastic prices on a lot of newer books, including variant covers. (I'm not a huge variant covers guy, but this was just too nice to resist.) I bought a ton from them and they shipped the books about as badly as any first-time ebayer ever could -- thrown side-by-side into a box that was way too big and the books just slammed into each other the entire trip. When I opened up the box of bent and mangled books, I contacted them right away. They wanted photos of the packaging, photos of each individual book, a list of all the damages, and I guess that was fair and I was okay providing it. I eventually got my money back after jumping through countless hoops, but my real issue was that they refused to replace any of the books and would not allow me to purchase replacement books (which they still had in inventory) at the original sale prices. Just as MCS gained a customer for life, Midtown lost a customer for life that day.

39 minutes ago, Meecrab said:
4 hours ago, Galen130 said:

Side Note:  Someone I haven't purchased comics from but has taken care of all my pressing needs since 2017 is 'Comics In A Flash'.  The owners name is Tony Starks...no joke.  He's on the boards as well.  He sells raws and slabs...I just haven't bought anything from him. (thumbsu

Was an awesome columnist for CBG too (thumbsu

Yes, he's been a collector, writer/columnist, and dealer for a long time and I've never heard anything bad about him.

Hey you guys forgot bout me!

If you've actually BOUGHT a book from me you'd know how fair our pricing is and how honest we are. Peanut gallery is not allowed to make comments. Go buy a book from me then we can talk about it.

Making comments, inferences and stereotypes about people is what created slavery. But I'm sure you guys don't care 

Edited by dylanthekid
typo on top

While I'm not really an ebay or auction site person.

The guys that I care to buy from on the boards know what I'm looking for, and usually come to me for books that they know I would want( yes I'm that damn cool).😂

Big shout out to Bob storms for amazing books at very good prices.

32 minutes ago, dylanthekid said:

If you've actually BOUGHT a book from me you'd know how fair our pricing is and how honest we are. Peanut gallery is not allowed to make comments. Go buy a book from me then we can talk about it.

Making comments, inferences and stereotypes about people is what created slavery. But I'm sure you guys don't care 

CFC3529D-0A44-4CF4-9E19-349EA1948EAE.png

I've had good experiences with Mycomicshop and while I don't buy many moderns anymore, their pre-ordering set up is nice.  I've had good experiences buying from Bob both online and at shows. I buy almost all my comics here on the boards, though.  I've bought tons from Dale Roberts but never via his website, always on the forums or now and again via an ebay auction.

Pretty much the sellers who have good reputations here on the boards all have them for very good reason.

And the ones who don't have good reputations (YOU KNOW WHO) have lost theirs for very good reason.

1 hour ago, blazingbob said:

There is something to be said when you have to nominate yourself on a "Favorite Online Seller thread".  

Bashful Bob, 

Where do I start...hmmm🤔

humble

lovable 

great sense of humor

snappy dresser

creative marketing

easy to deal with

accurate grading 

fair pricing 

Also....sooooo svelte and dreamy!😎😷😬you devilish rogue!

IMG_5942.GIF

19 hours ago, blazingbob said:

Nothing like reality tv to give me a good sense of a seller.

You do know Pawn Stars is fake, right?

I didn't form an opinion of Reece and Son because of tv. I formed my opinion from buying from them, being a customer, shedding cash and being treated like a person and I believe fairly. More than fairly. The old fashioned way of doing things.

Yes. I know Pawn Stars is staged. Same as American Pickers. What I enjoyed about that episode is Greg Reece walked instead of taking the beat down and only getting enough money for a tank of gas and a bag of Twizzlers for the Avengers 1. Faked or not, it sends a message to who sell their authentic Benjamin Franklin glasses to get money to lose at the roulette wheel in Vegas. You don't HAVE to allow yourself to be lowballed by ANY dealer.

I kept my All Star Comics #7 after being offered much less than it was worth. I know they need to make money but I think an ebay seller or web page dealer has far less overhead than a brick and mortar establishment. So, I didn't take the beatdown. Plus I would have to pay taxes on the income from the book so I had overhead as well.

5 hours ago, THE_BEYONDER said:

I can’t remember the last time I bought a book outside of these forums....

Reece has a few books I’m interested in.  Just don’t want to lowball his Ebay prices.   

I have found going directly to his web page is the better way to go. Never bought from their ebay side of town.

3 hours ago, dylanthekid said:

If you've actually BOUGHT a book from me you'd know how fair our pricing is and how honest we are. Peanut gallery is not allowed to make comments. Go buy a book from me then we can talk about it.

Noooo I'm pretty sure all that stuff you mentioned happened after slavery. Greed, laziness and indifference to human suffering created slavery. 

5 hours ago, THE_BEYONDER said:

I can’t remember the last time I bought a book outside of these forums....

Reece has a few books I’m interested in.  Just don’t want to lowball his Ebay prices.   

I've researched Reece's prices on eBay, better off going to the site. Feebay and taxes are a killer.

14 minutes ago, Randall Ries said:

I didn't form an opinion of Reece and Son because of tv. I formed my opinion from buying from them, being a customer, shedding cash and being treated like a person and I believe fairly. More than fairly. The old fashioned way of doing things.

Yes. I know Pawn Stars is staged. Same as American Pickers. What I enjoyed about that episode is Greg Reece walked instead of taking the beat down and only getting enough money for a tank of gas and a bag of Twizzlers for the Avengers 1. Faked or not, it sends a message to who sell their authentic Benjamin Franklin glasses to get money to lose at the roulette wheel in Vegas. You don't HAVE to allow yourself to be lowballed by ANY dealer.

I kept my All Star Comics #7 after being offered much less than it was worth. I know they need to make money but I think an ebay seller or web page dealer has far less overhead than a brick and mortar establishment. So, I didn't take the beatdown. Plus I would have to pay taxes on the income from the book so I had overhead as well.

While this is not an attack on Greg's character this is a scripted show.  Greg walking away from a deal on a scripted show is entertainment,  not a lesson on how to deal with a dealer.  You sharing on a message board your experience with them is more believable then what you will see on TV.  

3 hours ago, dylanthekid said:

Do you double dog dare us to buy from you? :wishluck: :sumo:

22 minutes ago, Randall Ries said:

Noooo I'm pretty sure all that stuff you mentioned happened after slavery. Greed, laziness and indifference to human suffering created slavery. 

People are innately lazy. It's easy to go along with the crowd. The crowd could be totally wrong maybe it isnt. But if you dont actually try you actually dont know.