• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My Favorite Online Comic Book Sellers
4 4

79 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, dylanthekid said:

People are innately lazy. It's easy to go along with the crowd. The crowd could be totally wrong maybe it isnt. But if you dont actually try you actually dont know. 

Disagree with everyone is "Innately lazy". And what are you actually saying? The act of kidnapping natives from their own country is a "Red Berry" kind of thing? A peer pressure sort of affair? And unless I actually kidnap natives from their own country and deliver them into misery, I won't KNOW whether it's right or wrong? You must be a wowser in line at the bank.

"Gosh! I have never robbed a bank at gunpoint. Is it right? Is it wrong? I GUESS there is only one way to find out! Stick 'em up, Missy! Fill the bag and no one gets hurt, seeeee?"

1 hour ago, Randall Ries said:

Disagree with everyone is "Innately lazy". And what are you actually saying? The act of kidnapping natives from their own country is a "Red Berry" kind of thing? A peer pressure sort of affair? And unless I actually kidnap natives from their own country and deliver them into misery, I won't KNOW whether it's right or wrong? You must be a wowser in line at the bank.

"Gosh! I have never robbed a bank at gunpoint. Is it right? Is it wrong? I GUESS there is only one way to find out! Stick 'em up, Missy! Fill the bag and no one gets hurt, seeeee?"

Well everyone IS wearing masks, we might have a bank robber epidemic on our hands here. hmmmmmm

10 minutes ago, dylanthekid said:

I didn't actually write blah, blah, blah. It's unethical for you to misquote something and put it off as fact. Right here right now. Please put the link where I said these disrespectful words. I rest my case

An ethics lesson from you?  My night is complete.

3 hours ago, blazingbob said:

While this is not an attack on Greg's character this is a scripted show.  Greg walking away from a deal on a scripted show is entertainment,  not a lesson on how to deal with a dealer.  You sharing on a message board your experience with them is more believable then what you will see on TV.  

I understand. Then I defer to your interpretation and confess I was entertained. I was entertained further because that is how Greg rolls in real life. You can make the offer. If he doesn't like it, he won't accept it. BUT. He WILL accept a reasonable offer. Which is cool. Scripted or not, Rick tried to deadbeat Greg and characteristically of Greg, told him (in a scripted fashion) to go pound sand down a rat hole. I was titillated.

And too, I think it IS a lesson on how to deal with a dealer. A seller needs to remember his item has not only monetary value, but historical value as well as an aesthetic value. Offer me a third of what it's worth then tell me I'm the A*Hole for not agreeing and sympathizing with his overhead and employees and his in ground pool maintenance. But then, scripted or not, those people that go in there flush some really nice items so they can put $100 on black.

Did you watch the one when the guy came in with Mary Ford's guitar? Even the guitar expert was blown away. His reaction didn't seem scripted.

9 minutes ago, Randall Ries said:

I understand. Then I defer to your interpretation and confess I was entertained. I was entertained further because that is how Greg rolls in real life. You can make the offer. If he doesn't like it, he won't accept it. BUT. He WILL accept a reasonable offer. Which is cool. Scripted or not, Rick tried to deadbeat Greg and characteristically of Greg, told him (in a scripted fashion) to go pound sand down a rat hole. I was titillated.

And too, I think it IS a lesson on how to deal with a dealer. A seller needs to remember his item has not only monetary value, but historical value as well as an aesthetic value. Offer me a third of what it's worth then tell me I'm the A*Hole for not agreeing and sympathizing with his overhead and employees and his in ground pool maintenance. But then, scripted or not, those people that go in there flush some really nice items so they can put $100 on black.

Did you watch the one when the guy came in with Mary Ford's guitar? Even the guitar expert was blown away. His reaction didn't seem scripted.

It's called acting. Nothing about it is real. They actually film many more segments than get aired. 

The better you act, the more chance you can get on air. 

Think about this- Why would Greg, who has thousands of customers and is in great standing with his fellow dealers want or need to sell a book to a pawn shop?

Edited by shadroch

Just now, shadroch said:

An ethics lesson from you?  My night is complete.

dude. There's a ton of unethical things I could do that would makes millions and millions of dollars. I said no, I wanna do it the RIGHT way.

If I was unethical, why would I not sell restored RAW books as unrestored?

If I was unethical, why would I offer free returns? Including when it was not my fault even after the fact and much later?

If I was unethical why did I IMMEDIATELY cancel the character label sales?

If I was unethical why did I send back the Hulk 1 back to CGC that had the exact same problem a week later

If I was unethical why would I take the fall for something that I didn't do? At some point in time and I'm not gonna say what or who but I took the fall for something I did not do because I protect those around me. No I'm not gonna tell you who or what I dont care if you point a gun in my face

If I was unethical why would I even give a damn right here right now?

I give up. Anyone who's actually dealt with me involving money knows how ethical I actually am. NUFF SAID

Just now, shadroch said:

It's called acting. Nothing about it is real. They actually film many more segments than get aired. 

The better you act, the more chance you can get on air. 

Yes. I know. The scenes we see aren't even the pawn shop. It's a mock up on a stage. The shop in reality is much smaller. The owners and Chumlee are never there. An employee that behaved like that in real life would be drugged and buried in the desert. I get it. It's FAKE. I was only mentioning the similarities between real life Greg Reece and the award winning actor Greg Reece. It was anecdotal.

5 minutes ago, Randall Ries said:

Schrodingers bank robber, I guess. Why are people busting your balls? They don't like you?

Just now, speedcake said:

I put him on ignore. Sorry I responded to him at all and derailed the thread.

test 1 2 3. I like online sellers who are to the point and make sure everything works properly!