• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Question about status explanations

9 posts in this topic

• Administrator
7 hours ago, Furtnot said:

I sent in 9 cards with economy, they were received on 12/7. I’m pretty new to grading and I was wondering how long cards usually stay in received before they move to scheduled for grading?  

Hello,

The online tracking does not necessarily show everything that is happening, but the "received" status will be the longest one you see. During that time, the cards are not only received, but verified as well, with the card descriptions being confirmed in our system. Economy is currently at an estimated 45 business days, so it will likely be in the received status for a bit longer.

Paul

I checked the tracking info and it says my package was delivered to you guys last week but it hasn't been "Received" on my CGC account yet. How long does that usually take? I've been getting some comics packed up I'm ready to ship out but figured I'd wait until the Pokemon cards got there safely before I sent anything else out. 

So based off above if we sent our order to CGC under the advertised turnaround at that time, it does not matter and the current turnaround times advertised are in fact what we are subject to regardless of what we thought we were purchasing at the time?

I sent a submission under (previously) 30 day bulk at the time which is what I believed I was purchasing. The order was shipped to CGC in November and marked received on 12/2 (43 business days later to this date). When should I at least expect a status update taking into account the mentioned circumstances? 

• Administrator
18 hours ago, Kyle Elliott said:

I checked the tracking info and it says my package was delivered to you guys last week but it hasn't been "Received" on my CGC account yet. How long does that usually take? I've been getting some comics packed up I'm ready to ship out but figured I'd wait until the Pokemon cards got there safely before I sent anything else out. 

5-7 business days usually.

• Administrator
21 minutes ago, Poke_P said:

So based off above if we sent our order to CGC under the advertised turnaround at that time, it does not matter and the current turnaround times advertised are in fact what we are subject to regardless of what we thought we were purchasing at the time?

I sent a submission under (previously) 30 day bulk at the time which is what I believed I was purchasing. The order was shipped to CGC in November and marked received on 12/2 (43 business days later to this date). When should I at least expect a status update taking into account the mentioned circumstances? 

Hello,

Our website clearly states: "Turnaround times are approximate and not guaranteed."

I promise you, everyone is working as hard as we can to get your cards back to you as soon as possible.

Paul

• Administrator
40 minutes ago, Yeahiwasder4dat said:

@PaulS.

Is that for WK as well? I didn't realize it was that far behind when I shipped some today.

Nope! If you ship us Express or Walkthroughs, you should write in BIG letters on all sides of the box either EX or WK.

Please do NOT do this if the box doesn't contain those types of submissions, as those get put at the back of the line.

Paul

1 hour ago, PaulS. said:

Nope! If you ship us Express or Walkthroughs, you should write in BIG letters on all sides of the box either EX or WK.

Please do NOT do this if the box doesn't contain those types of submissions, as those get put at the back of the line.

Paul

Gotcha, I separated them in the box and did everything appropriately as far as I know. It's a WK/Express shipment and labeled the box WK on each side. Happy to hear those aren't behind. Thanks.