• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Would a former library graphic novel come back as qualified?
1 1

10 posts in this topic

I have a graphic novel (it's a thin one) that might be a candidate for grading, but it's got a plastic overlay secured to the covers as it was a former library book. Would this come back as qualified, low grade (less than the 9.2 or so it would be), or would CGC not grade it at all?

1 minute ago, lizards2 said:

why on earth would anyone slab something like that :screwy: 

Because when the first appearances of certain Star Wars figures reach four figure levels people are running to the library to check out books they will not return to send to CGC because the fine is cheaper than the value.  Is the OP doing that ?  I’d hope not but whatever. 

6 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

Because when the first appearances of certain Star Wars figures reach four figure levels people are running to the library to check out books they will not return to send to CGC because the fine is cheaper than the value.  Is the OP doing that ?  I’d hope not but whatever. 

I checked out and lost about a dozen copy of Seduction of the Innocents back in the day. 

1 hour ago, shadroch said:

I checked out and lost about a dozen copy of Seduction of the Innocents back in the day. 

These things happen lol 

Just now, Buzzetta said:

These things happen lol 

Yep that's how i got my first ed folio of Shakespeare! :acclaim: