• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Buyer Beware!!! Incredible Hulk #180 CBCS 9.4 Listing on Ebay
1 1

59 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, thehumantorch said:

How could anyone believe that is a NM/MT?  There are so many flaws.

When it returns from CGC as the 7.0 or so it started as, the buyer will initiate a return, Scamming_Everyone will have no choice in the matter, he'll relist it, and many will think, "Gee. This seller has an endless supply of AS 129s! Where are they all coming from?" D'uh... it's the same books over and over, the chickens coming back home to roost. 

Edited by James J Johnson

11 minutes ago, James J Johnson said:
15 minutes ago, thehumantorch said:

How could anyone believe that is a NM/MT?  There are so many flaws.

When it returns from CGC as the 7.0 or so it started as, the buyer will initiate a return, Scamming_Everyone will have no choice in the matter, he'll relist it, and many will think, "Gee. This seller has an endless supply of AS 129s! Where are they all coming from?" D'uh... it's the same books over and over, the chickens coming back home to roost. 

By the time it returns from CGC, assuming the buyer bothers, it will be much too late to initiate a return or leave feedback and the seller will ignore the buyer.

32 minutes ago, mattn792 said:

Seriously, this guys listings are infuriating.  His 6.0 ASM 129 is advertised as NM/MT.  "Yes, this book has 46 different flaws, but just press it and it'll be brand new!"

And people fall for this.  eBay gonna eBay.  :facepalm:

Nesconset, NY!!!!  And I see a family connection (between the style, the strategy, the images, the language) to another seller from Oceanside, NY.  Could even involve BeatleBlue, I'm working it through. Two of the three or quite possibly all 3, could be the same seller using different names (family members).   

15 minutes ago, thehumantorch said:

By the time it returns from CGC, assuming the buyer bothers, it will be much too late to initiate a return or leave feedback and the seller will ignore the buyer.

3 month using paypal, 6 months using paypal backed by a credit card, 6 months using cc alone. Buyer doesn'r have to argue the chargeback. It's automatic. And the seller can't do anything about it. 

I didn't know about this thread about Gio72, out of Oceanside NY. I just searched for his name, J--- H------- and this thread appeared on google

Oddly enough, he has family with the same name in Nesconset. I wonder if this seller is one and the same with Buying_everything? 

Anyone know about this dealer? - Silver Age Comic Books - CGC Comic Book Collectors Chat Boards (cgccomics.com)

7 minutes ago, James J Johnson said:

I didn't know about this thread about Gio72, out of Oceanside NY. I just searched for his name, J--- H------- and this thread appeared on google

Oddly enough, he has family with the same name in Nesconset. I wonder if this seller is one and the same with Buying_everything? 

Anyone know about this dealer? - Silver Age Comic Books - CGC Comic Book Collectors Chat Boards (cgccomics.com)

Dylan’s last post in that thread is incredibly ironic.

I hate this guy.. he's poorly choosing comics to scam buyers with.. his comics aren't even nice looking or close to the listed condition. Many are wavy and desperately need a press. He's calling comics in the fine range nm to nm/mt ... so far off

3 minutes ago, Spawnfreak said:

Back cover--indeed!

eBay Item Bid History 

One of these two top bidders is probably the shill. The other is insane. 

At any rate, seeing those feedback numbers identifying them is very helpful to my data gathering. 

Without those two bidders, nobody esle has bid more than $573, still more than this book is actually worth. 

1 minute ago, James J Johnson said:

Watching TTA 35 with minutes to go. Bid at $660. The shill account will be revealed soon.  

keep us posted!!