• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Will CGC grade and/or slab vintage magazine ads?

6 posts in this topic

I have quite a few vintage magazine ads that I have acquired.  Some will be framed and hung on the walls in our kitchen and/or Breakfast nook. I really enjoy the nostalgic look of these ads, and they are quite beautiful.  I was wondering since CGC slabs full magazines, and slabs pages from comics.  Would they also slab these vintage page ads?

17 minutes ago, Mr.Fantastic said:

I have quite a few vintage magazine ads that I have acquired.  Some will be framed and hung on the walls in our kitchen and/or Breakfast nook. I really enjoy the nostalgic look of these ads, and they are quite beautiful.  I was wondering since CGC slabs full magazines, and slabs pages from comics.  Would they also slab these vintage page ads?

It seems that if vintage concert posters could be slabbed then vintage magazine ads shouldn't be an issue.  Some of the concert posters measure over 18 inches wide and 30 inches tall, while most vintage ads are smaller than these.

1 hour ago, E5150 said:

lol yes I'm well aware they "slab" posters (it's not like a comic or mag slab). They slab photos too thanks to Jay Parrino. But neither have anything to do with slabbing magazines, which they also do. Like you said, since they slab magazines I'd assume they slab magazine pages. Pages are easy money for CGC.

I brought up the vintage concert poster reference because several of the magazine ads I have are larger than most modern day magazine pages.  Therefore, if it could be done, then possibly a concert poster sized slab would have to be used. First you say CGC has nothing to do with posters, and then you say you are well aware they slab posters, make up your mind.