• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Classic Bronze Age Covers That Haven't Hit Batman 251 or 227 Status, But Deserve Some More Recognition (And Are Not Keys or Semis For Reasons Other Than Their Cover)
1 1

150 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, jcjames said:

I don't have this book, and although it's a classic, why is Tony wearing a shirt and jacket OVER his iron man suit? 

He’s going through the DTs, cut him some slack! :foryou:

1 hour ago, Jayman said:

Not sure how many Skywald fans there are but I’ve loved this cover ever since the first time I had seen it! :x

Psycho # 1.JPG

Very pre-Code influenced.

54 minutes ago, Jayman said:

Speaking of Corben...

Death Rattle #1.JPG

It really is a fantastic cover. The airbrush blues and greens are so vibrant.

I have a 9.6 slab.

1 hour ago, the blob said:

1st appearance of of Human Centipede?

Reminds me more of Carousel from Logan’s Run, but in hell.

13 hours ago, Jayman said:

Years ago here on the boards we held a WWT best cover poll. Back then this cover was the decided winner from the run. I wonder which cover would win today? hm

I like this one with the Neal Adams nod (ok, artisitically it isn't that great, it is clever, WWT has some nifty covers)
:

s-l1600.jpg

Edited by the blob

1 hour ago, B2D327 said:
2 hours ago, Jeffro. said:

This one flies under the radar but I love it. Been searching for a true high grade copy for some time

ST13.jpg

Expand  

Nice. Is that Alex Toth? Some of the artwork from those Charlton titles is so underrated/under appreciated 

Doesn't appear to be and according to comics.org it isn't clear exactly who the cover artist is.

https://www.comics.org/issue/171727/