• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Classic Bronze Age Covers That Haven't Hit Batman 251 or 227 Status, But Deserve Some More Recognition (And Are Not Keys or Semis For Reasons Other Than Their Cover)
1 1

150 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, jimjum12 said:

So ... this is for Should-Be-Classics ... and not just "good covers" ? GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

... how about this cover here ?

AIMG_4539.JPG

OK, I agree, we may have wandered a little outside of iconic/classic on a few of these (my Charltons didn't help, though the Ditko one is close as he is an icon, it is creative, etc.) ... but yeah, this one is up there as the iconic "Conan image" like the Captain Marvel 29 just posted is the iconic pic of C.M. and Superman 233/Action 419 are [albeit already recognized as] iconic superman images.... hard to pick which Wrightson Swampie is the most iconic... But "should be" classic has some subjectivity... I won't be posting copies of Thor 339 in my copper age version of this thread no matter how many copies I have.....

Edited by the blob

1 minute ago, the blob said:

OK, I agree, we may have wandered a little outside of iconic/classic on a few of these (my Charltons didn't help) ... but yeah, this one is up there as the iconic "Conan image" like the Captain Marvel 29 just posted is the iconic pic of C.M. and Superman 233/Action 419 are iconic superman images.... hard to pick which Wrightson Swampie is the most iconic...

I don't want to sound whiney .... this is a great thread idea. There were so many that are classic from this time, and they usually pop a little in grade at auction. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

... I don't have a saved image but always felt FOREVER PEOPLE 1 just screams Classic Bronze :cloud9:

3 minutes ago, the blob said:

seriously, the dude is billionairre and he drinks that ?

You'd think he'd have some sort of beer lacky, being that rich, but maybe that guy couldn't take it anymore! So stark had to do his own shopping and was staring into the mirror like man I need the receipt to return this for ...... Lol